Belize Dive&stay suggestion?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

$140 /night with dives is pretty tight, yes. Dives are approximately $40-45 each. You can likely negotiate a slightly better price per dive based on a block of dives.

Therefore, I'm thinking if that's your price range you should look into staying at a hostel and you could probably get a private room for $50-60 and that will get you into your budget tho' only 2 dives a day. Of course, if you're willing to go full hostel in the shared rooms, you'll be able to do much better. Both Hostel la Vista and Sandbar are well located and are reviewed highly. I can only speak for their locations as I'm not a hosteler. The location of either is excellent.

(I do not recommend Pedro's )

140 is doable on Caye Caulker.

Hostel is going to run 15-30US and dives are 60US ea with BDS 10 tank package.

BRad

People who are bored with Ambergris Caye diving go with the wrong shops. I have done about 225 dives off San Pedro in all kinds of conditions. I'll post a link to two videos I made.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156217273465153&id=702885152

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156259345180273&id=865370272

Conditions were not great on the surface that's why the water was dark and murky.

That said 140 is tight. I personally wouldn't ever dive with the cheapest shop in San Pedro.

Those videos were shot 2 weeks ago, diving with Island Divers.

I've only been to Placencia in Belize but really enjoyed it. Splash Dive is a first class organization with great boats, operators, dive staff and cooks. Placencia is very laid back, with friendly people, great restaurants, nice beaches and a sprinkling of night life. Dive prices are a bit higher than I've paid elsewhere in the Caribbean, but they include a great hot lunch on shore, and often a large, comfortable boat. The offset is that good accomodation can be found at a very reasonable price, and you can drink the water. :)

Could u pl recommend a dive resort/package in AC, or a place to stay and dive operator? I can extend my budget beyond $140 :) I like something easy and convenient.
what do u think of best way to travel from Belize city airport to the hotel in AC?

what do u think of best way to travel from Belize city airport to the hotel in AC?

2 ways to San Pedro:
Cheap: taxi to the water taxi (passenger ferry) to San Pedro
$25 US for the cab ride
~30US for the water taxi (return)

Expensive:
Fly from BZE to San Pedro. ~100US each way

BRad

Barrels has the price for the flight gone down? I think it's $135 return, though you can get reductions of $10 or so by paying cash. I have my accommodations book it and pay for it for me. In the end, it's a part of my hotel bill.

Barrels has the price for the flight gone down? I think it's $135 return, though you can get reductions of $10 or so by paying cash. I have my accommodations book it and pay for it for me. In the end, it's a part of my hotel bill.

Correction, $80 US each way (from tropics website) before taxes and other charges.

BRad

Yikes! I'm going to have to start taking the boat. :(

Yikes! I'm going to have to start taking the boat. :(

Yup, I always look, but I'd rather get another day of diving in than paying for that flight. Now to Placencia, it's worth the $$ rather than spending the night in Belize City and taking the bus down....

BRad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom