Belize in November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phil

Reaction score
# of dives
Ok..... so we are curious if there is a better time of the year to do Belize.... we are thinking of changing our plans from the BVI to maybe Belize, but we were concern that Novmeber might not be a very good time because of the weather and water conditions. I remember reading on this board that someone felt April was considered the best over all time ???????? Any opinions ......?

We were thinking 7 days on a liveaboard and 7 days at a dive resort....possible Peter Hughes and Lighthouse if there is room for us!

Phil

July through October are prime hurricane months. November hurricanes are very rare ... should be ok. However, I was in Belize and Roatan in May and the weather was fantastic and the ocean was very calm. IMO. I would consider Roatan as well.

Natural...

May would be good for us but we have already made plans for Fiji in April.....so thats why we chose November.

I think the hurricanes "should" be finished by then....The other place we are considering is St. Georges Lodge. We keep reading good things about it ......???? We'll see!
PT

Phil,

My husband and I went diving in Belize last November and last March. To be honest, the diving was FANTASTIC both times. We stayed at Manta in November and Lighthouse in March. We did experience bad weather during the November trip, a fair amount of rain and not much sun. But we did not care, we were there to dive. The weather was great for the March trip.

BTW, we are returning to Belize this November, this time trying Blackbird out.

Phil,
I spent an incredibly miserable week on Lighthouse reef the first week of Nov. 2000. Tropical storm Katrina, followed by Hurricane Lenny (luckily we were gone before Lenny appeared.) We lost 2 1/2 days of diving.:(
Perhaps late Nov. would be a little better, as we were there the first week of Nov.

We did the Sun Dancer II last Nov, nice boat. Occasional rain and things were kicked up a bit from wind and maybe storms the prev week, but still a great trip. Even if weather isn't perfect, wouldn't expect it to be a major problem.

My wife and I were married in November 2002 right on the beach in AC. Perfect weather for almost two weeks, and perfect water temp and viz on every dive.

Matt :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom