belt support for back problems??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He is being doing gym/exercises targeted to this for some years now. They generally help but the pain comes back now and then.
He doesn't have a (big) tummy - good for him. Regular weight I'd call him. But, although he is going to the gym regularly I wouldn't call him well built nor (very) fit either - I think he mostly does back exercises, low impact low intensity and such. BTW he is about 50 years old.

For diving he says that the problem is mostly before and after the dive (entering and exiting the water with the gear etc - we do shore diving with easy entry/exit but still need to walk maybe 50meter or so) and not so much during the dive. Would wearing the belt during the dives make any difference?
I am in Cozumel now and saw a diver yesterday with a back support belt that said Scuba Pro. I tried to google it and found nothing, but maybe someone else can.

As an aside, there were four divers plus me on the boat. While I have been diving a long, long time, I grade myself at a C+ level since I only get to do two or three trips a year. That said, the other four were some of the best divers I have ever been with in my 50 years of diving and the best part is they were NICE. I asked a lot of questions and they were not judgmental or aloof. They made suggestions, were genuinely helpful and invited me to dive with the next day. Experience and patient divers are the best !

Back
Top Bottom