Ben & Ted's (and Max & Elaine's) Excellent Lobos Adventure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tell me about it. I felt like a moron doing drills yesterday. And just to reinforce that feeling...

As Ben and I were preparing to drive away from the Lobos parking lot, some tourists (gals) were looking at Ben and I. They were smiling at us from ear to ear and giggling. Quite frankly, it was flattering - until someone pointed out that we had left stuff on top of the truck.

For a whole 2 secs I was feeling like a rock star... :(

LOL

I've always found that diving is better practice for diving than "practicing" is :)

Ted, Ben, Peter, what were you guys thinking doing drills at Lobos on a day with viz like that!?!

Allison
What they didn't mention is why my boat was anchored in the cove yet we kicked the dive? (Yes they turned down Thumbs Up, Great Pinnacle, Blue Fish Cove, etc.)

I just wanted to dive and my buddy for the day was having trouble clearing and didn't want to do a second dive. So doing drills is better than sitting on shore.

Plus they needed me along to point out what steps they were forgetting :D

What they didn't mention is why my boat was anchored in the cove yet we kicked the dive?

I just wanted to dive and my buddy for the day was having trouble clearing. So doing drills is better than sitting on shore. :D

I wouldn't worry about breaking trim at an inopportune photo-op moment -- at least you were diving!! :D

Darn, had I known you were at Lobos WITH your boat AND needed a partner, I would have driven south alone after that last minute cancellation call from my dive partner Sat morning & I had Lobos reservations...

Last edited:
Absolutely amazing video and pictures. The video especially highlights the both the abundance and variety of flora and fauna that the Bay Area features. It was breathtaking!

Peace,
Greg

Tell me about it. I felt like a moron doing drills yesterday. And just to reinforce that feeling...

As Ben and I were preparing to drive away from the Lobos parking lot, some tourists (gals) were looking at Ben and I. They were smiling at us from ear to ear and giggling. Quite frankly, it was flattering - until someone pointed out that we had left stuff on top of the truck.

GUE should have a post-dive mnemonic similar to GUE EDGE.

I left a duffel with my drysuit undergarment at the park on the last day of Fundies. I called the gate, and Ranger Chuck found it after the park closed. A good samaritan picked it up and delivered it to AWS for me. When I stopped by the shop to pick it up, I promptly forgot it again cause I was having tanks filled.

That was an interesting week.

CAT? (for Team Kitty, natch) Car, Area, Table.

or

BART? Bathroom/Bench, Area, Roof, Table.

Guy (too much free time)

I like it Guy but don't forget the rinse/hose area :wink:

I left a duffel with my drysuit undergarment at the park on the last day of Fundies. I called the gate, and Ranger Chuck found it after the park closed. A good samaritan picked it up and delivered it to AWS for me. When I stopped by the shop to pick it up, I promptly forgot it again cause I was having tanks filled.That was an interesting week.

Ha! I could see making that blunder during Fundies week :D!

Back
Top Bottom