Benito Juarez Park renovation...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Too long.

I was sort of fitting thing in September on our last night we went to Wet Wendy's. As I sat there with a marg and watched the skidder with the jack hammer attachment drive in an begin the destruction.

Any word on how long the renovation will take?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
When they built the little harbor next to what is now Blue Angel it took about three years. :^(

Yeah, kinda bummed there won't be any Sunday night dancing in the Plaza .... guess we'll have to see if CV has a stereo at his place and go drink & dance with the Hooligan's staying there ....

Yeah, kinda bummed there won't be any Sunday night dancing in the Plaza .... guess we'll have to see if CV has a stereo at his place and go drink & dance with the Hooligan's staying there ....

oh crap. The neighbors will be calling again!

We did find many of the small cart vendor had relocated to Ave 10 behind plaza del sol or other corners near the pedestrian walkways. We found the Churo Cart there along with a few others. The little old lady that always has long lines was set up on the south end of the square just a few feet off of Melgar.

---------- Post added November 16th, 2014 at 08:16 PM ----------

I am kinda bummed that we won't be able to hang out in the plaza in December, but also excited to see what they come up with. And then I think, what was wrong with the old plaza? Nothing realy...

I wonder where Lola is now that the plaza is gone.

Is Lola the deputy dog?

---------- Post added November 16th, 2014 at 08:16 PM ----------

Too long.

I was sort of fitting thing in September on our last night we went to Wet Wendy's. As I sat there with a marg and watched the skidder with the jack hammer attachment drive in an begin the destruction.

I was also there when they started outside of Wet Wendy's. Walking down 5th between Chad's and the square in the dark (and after spending a couple hours at WW's) reminded me a little of walking around town at night in November 2005.

Is Lola the deputy dog?

Yes

Lola.jpg

Pulling this thread out again because I was afraid I was going to hijack the Christmas activities thread, where this just came up.

The Parque is such a central point of all my trips that I'm a little thrown off. I don't think I've ever had a Cozumel evening that didn't start and end with a walk through the Parque. I've always gotten an outdoor table at Casa Denis to people watch as I eat and drink (and last year I watched the Christmas pageant/performance from there). Then I walk around a bit before heading back to my hotel, regardless of where I'm staying.

So if a person was looking for a popular place with lots of people (preferably not exclusively tourists), and preferably not just inches away from shopkeepers inviting a person into their store, where would they go, either for walking around at night or dining?

Thanks for any ideas/thoughts. See you in January!
:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom