Benito Juarez Park renovation...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pulling this thread out again because I was afraid I was going to hijack the Christmas activities thread, where this just came up.

The Parque is such a central point of all my trips that I'm a little thrown off. I don't think I've ever had a Cozumel evening that didn't start and end with a walk through the Parque. I've always gotten an outdoor table at Casa Denis to people watch as I eat and drink (and last year I watched the Christmas pageant/performance from there). Then I walk around a bit before heading back to my hotel, regardless of where I'm staying.

So if a person was looking for a popular place with lots of people (preferably not exclusively tourists), and preferably not just inches away from shopkeepers inviting a person into their store, where would they go, either for walking around at night or dining?

Thanks for any ideas/thoughts. See you in January!
:)

Casa Denis, Woody's and all the restaurants "around" the Plaza are still open.

Casa Denis, Woody's and all the restaurants "around" the Plaza are still open.

Good, I'm glad about that. It's probably hard on them. I'll still frequent them to support their businesses right now, but I'm wondering if that area feels as active as usual? Like is it still a fun place to stroll with lots of activity for a person who likes people-watching and soaking in a full environment?

is it still a fun place to stroll?

Only if you keep a keen eye out for the "tourist traps." That's what I call the open man-holes, open trenches, uneven pavement, and the all-new, exciting, re-bar obstacle courses. I especially like the foot wide, foot deep concrete trench (cattle guard?) at the entrance to the parking lot off of fifth avenue. People using battery-operated scooters for the handicapped better get a running start on that one.

Back
Top Bottom