Beqa Island, Fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got back three days ago after a week at Beqa Lagoon Resort. Our group really enjoyed the diving, and the resort.

High point was the shark dive where we got up close and personal with a big Tiger. The other dives were fairly easy, and leisurely. All our boat dives were led by a guide/divemaster who pointed out things of interest. The macro photo-ops are numerous. The DMs always gave us plenty of time to stop and observe. At the end of the dive we were always cut loose on a shallow reef top where the fish and marine life is abundant, allowing us to explore on our own in sight of the boat.

I’d read several reports that indicated the shore dive in front of the resort is not good. Our group would disagree. Although the viz isn’t as good as in the deeper water, we made two very long and fun dives there, seeing almost everything in the fish ID book.

Also, high marks for the staff and resort.

These were our favorite sites:
The Bistro (Shark Dives)
Fantasy
Caesar’s Rock

Was @ Beqa Lagoon Resort end of 2010, great soft coral diving....And, we got to see 2 tiger sharks(14 & 18 ft'er) on the shark dive---absolutely amazing IMO........pics here...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/80825593@N08/sets/72157643466806175/

and here....All Fiji pics have Fiji in their album titles listed in Library on the left side...
Joe Roy's (GEAUXtiger) Library | Photobucket

IMO, you'll have a BALL........great shore diving also......We were in Bure #5 if I remember correctly, facing the water..
20100912142.jpg

BTW, here's where some of the smaller boats wind up twice a day due to the (BIG)tidal changes--ie high & dry..That's also the reason there is GREAT soft coral there ie 'The Soft Coral Capitol of the World'.......

20100912138.jpg

Last edited:
I'm headed to Beqa Lagoon next week and was curious when you were there what was the water temperature? Any changes with depth? Thanks!

I'm headed to Beqa Lagoon next week and was curious when you were there what was the water temperature? Any changes with depth? Thanks!

Been to Beqa Laggon a couple times and never noticed any real changes in water temp with depth. it is some good diving and nice place to stay. are you staying on the island or the mainland?

Returned from our trip last week. We stayed on an island in Beqa Lagoon, but not Beqa Island. We stayed at Royal Davui and had an absolutely incredible time. The diving was fantastic!! I guess I answered my own question with our diving...water temp was 84 degrees F for most of the dives with I think a "drop" to 83 degrees F at night or at depths >100 ft. Perfect conditions!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom