Bermuda in May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TommyG74

Registered
Reaction score
I am going to be in Bermuda second week of May. I am not certified yet, all to do is the dives to complete my certification. Can you recommend a place that will do the checks out dives in Bermuda and how is the water temp in early May???

Hello Tommy,

You can check out any of the dive companies. Where are you going to be staying while on the island and I will go ahead and let you know who the nearest dive shop is..

I am going on Norwegian Cruise docks at Kings Wharf. I will have two and a half days there. Any info would be great. Any info you cn give on what else to check out besides the beach would be great also.

Tommy,

If you are still reading - you will be at Dockyard and the closest dive shops I think would be Blue Water Divers. I should think you'll have to take a cab to the Somerset Bridge where they dive from. I dove with them before I qualified for a "taster" and I had a good time then. Dive Bermuda Southampton is a bit further but probably the most technical and thorough shop.

May water temperature will be not exactly bathtub temp but you would get much better visibility than peak of the summer. 3mm should probably suffice. The water temp now is in the mid 60s.

Other things to do... well I always recommend my guests to take the ferry around the island. You can take the ferry to Hamilton and walk around town. The Southampton lighthouse is quite picturesque and there is a good restaurant at the lighthouse too. If you like walking you can take a walk on the trail along the south shore beaches - start from Horseshoe Bay and follow the trail that runs past the far end. You need proper shoes rather than just flip flops if you want to make it to the end of the trail at the Warwick Long Bay.

Hope this helps!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom