Question Best adhesive for SiTech neck ring onto Hollis Biodry FX100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stretchthepenn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just bought a used Hollis Biodry FX100 drysuit, and it needs a new neckseal. Thus, it's a good time to install a neck ring system, and I'd like to do it myself.

I want to install a SiTech neck ring, probably an Orust or maybe a Quick Neck, but I need to know what type of adhesive that I can use.

Here's what I have:
2022-03-08 15.22.39.jpg

Will either of these work? And if the Stormoprene is the best choice, do I need to use the two-part hardener?

I have never used either ,but the part B is just used to quicken the set time. I don't like it as it sets too fast, I just let them cure overnight. I've never used that particular brand though.

I used the stuff from DRiS because I was ordering stuff from there anyway and it comes with a brush (it used to be $10:();

I've been told DAP from HD works well;

That's the fuzzy-on-the-outside one right? It's just polyurethane coated on the inside, so super easy to glue. I used aquaseal for patches and I used the heat glue tape strips from DRIS to swap out neck and wrist seals. However...

You might want to turn it inside out, fill it with water and check for pinhole leaks. I had one that I patched 20 or so holes from the waist down, but even after that I still had about a cup of water in each foot after every dive. There were just too many tiny holes to bother. Might want to check before sinking any more time or money into it.

I have never used either ,but the part B is just used to quicken the set time. I don't like it as it sets too fast, I just let them cure overnight. I've never used that particular brand though.

I used the stuff from DRiS because I was ordering stuff from there anyway and it comes with a brush (it used to be $10:();

I've been told DAP from HD works well;
Thanks for the advice. I'll probably get a can of the DRIS stuff. One can never have too many partially-used cans of expensive and potentially toxic adhesives...

That's the fuzzy-on-the-outside one right? It's just polyurethane coated on the inside, so super easy to glue. I used aquaseal for patches and I used the heat glue tape strips from DRIS to swap out neck and wrist seals. However...

You might want to turn it inside out, fill it with water and check for pinhole leaks. I had one that I patched 20 or so holes from the waist down, but even after that I still had about a cup of water in each foot after every dive. There were just too many tiny holes to bother. Might want to check before sinking any more time or money into it.
Yes, the Biodry FX100 is the fuzzy one. It doesn't have any leaks -- the neckseal fits my dive buddy, so he tried the suit out for me last weekend -- and I got a smokin' deal on it, so I'm not afraid of putting a hundred-odd bucks into it.

I would recommend the Si-Tech Quick Neck ring system if you are still deciding.

I have heard stories that the O-rust is a bit too flexible causing issues with the neck seal staying in place, and I have heard stories that the clips to hold the seal in place can break and/or become lost when removing requiring one to have spares that are not so easy to find a supplier for.

On the contrary, I have not heard of any issues about the Quick Neck ring system, my wife had it on her first drysuit and is happy with it on her current drysuit.

-Z

I would recommend the Si-Tech Quick Neck ring system if you are still deciding.

I have heard stories that the O-rust is a bit too flexible causing issues with the neck seal staying in place, and I have heard stories that the clips to hold the seal in place can break and/or become lost when removing requiring one to have spares that are not so easy to find a supplier for.

On the contrary, I have not heard of any issues about the Quick Neck ring system, my wife had it on her first drysuit and is happy with it on her current drysuit.

-Z
I've got a Quick Neck on my primary drysuit, and I quite like it. Thanks for the heads-up about the Orust; the idea of being able to replace a seal without specialized tools is nice, but the idea of relying on handful of small OEM-only clips doesn't excite me in the slightest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom