Best And Worst Bc For Women

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KatieMac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm new to diving - I have only done my 4 open water dives. But I am part of a large family with lots of divers so I will be doing a lot more.

I'd like to get everyone's thoughts. Which BCs do you like the best/worst and why? Back inflate / hybrid / jacket?

most of the female divers that I know prefer the one piece harnesses of a backplate to any of the bcd's out there

Anything that fits and feels comfortable! I've got an Aqualung Lotus which is great for me. But until you try out some different BCD's you won't know for sure. Like clothing it is rarely 'One Size Fits All'

I'd recommend getting a few more dives in before deciding on a BCD. A back inflation BCD (or Back Plate and Wing - BP/W) might suit you better long term, but until you are comfortable and confident with your buoyancy control it might be difficult for you to decide - what seems good now, might not seem so good 10 dives down the track.

Anyway hope you enjoy and keep on diving!

Love my Zena Zeagle! I have logged about 50+ dives in it. It packs in an incredibly small space for travel. I had to downsize the front panel to get the proper fit. The fit is flexible to a meet the needs of a variety of body types. I love the zip front and certainly do not miss that wide velcro band across my middle that was on my rental gear.!

One of my dive buddies bought the Zeagle Zena based on other female divers strong recommendations. She likes everything about it except for the way the weights are retained.

In my opinion, you'll want a back inflate. Before you let anyone talk you into a wing and backplate system, figure out what kind of diving you'll be doing. If it's going to be vacation diving in the Caribbean on smaller boats, bp/wing is not ideal.

One of my dive buddies bought the Zeagle Zena based on other female divers strong recommendations. She likes everything about it except for the way the weights are retained.

In my opinion, you'll want a back inflate. Before you let anyone talk you into a wing and backplate system, figure out what kind of diving you'll be doing. If it's going to be vacation diving in the Caribbean on smaller boats, bp/wing is not ideal.

and what leads you to that conclusion? my experience differs....

As does mine. Therefore, we agree to disagree. Again, your experience is as a man who observes women, is that correct? :wink:

yes, but gender aside, how does being in the Caribbean make a backplate less ideal than a back inflate bcd? What variables change? Also, the experience is that of being around female dive buddies in backplates in that scenario...

'Tis a brave man that disagrees with a woman....:nono: ....on a women's forum!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom