Best carrier to fly between Thai cities - Asia Air or Thai Airways?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Madison S

Registered
Reaction score
Hello!

Need some help from the experienced folks out there! I'm looking to book a few flights inside Thailand. A one way ticket on Asia Air - from Bangkok to Chiang Mai was only 1000 THB (24 USD)! The same flight on Thai Airways was 1845 THB (44USD). Which is better to fly? Asia Air's websire has a tagline "Now everyone can fly". Is it a good quality airline?

Is it neccessary that I book my flights before the trip or book when I get there?

I read there there's a train from Bangkok to Chiang Mai - anyone have info/experiences with that? I believe it's like 10 hours or something.

If you have any other useful info, that would be great!

Thanks much!!
- Madison

asia air is cheap and it's cheap. i've heard a lot of negative things from various ppl about asia air. and i once hung out with an asia air engineer.
from what i've heard from these ppl i'd pay a little more and go for thai airline.

I'd go with THAI Airways. Or you could try Nok Air, the "lowcost" that's affliliated with THAI Airways.

www.nokair.co.th

Air asia is cheap and starts gaining ground, it hasn't had an accidents yet.

Thai airways is a good established airlines.

Is it worth to pay more? If that amount isn't that important, why not pay more.
But I won't mind to take the air asia flights. It is the southwest airlines in SE Asia.

I always took the Thai train, basic and comfortable but not luxury. With airasia, I will take the flight now.

Second class aircon sleeper bed is good enough.

My G/F and I flew Air Asia from Bangkok to Kota Kinabula in July. Sure they are a low budget airline 'breaking into the market', what service there was, was great! They were on time, I bought the ticket 'on-line' and had no problems, actually flew o/w for about US$25. The planes seemed in decent shape! I understand they have big plans to buy more planes. I would fly them again, 'in a heart beat'!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom