Best computer from a software perspective

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GoBlue!:
I assume that Jamie is still in business with Athens Home Solutions. I ordered my Suunto interface from him and it works like a champ.

Jim

I'm looking at a piece of software to work with my Mares M1 in addition to the software provided.

I looked at the Sensus pro as mentioned above, but I am a bit confused as to how it works. I am guessing it is basically a computer without a screen right? So it doesn't take info from your existing computer but works independently from it? is that correct?

Downloadable to PC - Pocket PC and my Palm talk about handy.

GoBlue!:
I assume that Jamie is still in business with Athens Home Solutions. I ordered my Suunto interface from him and it works like a champ.

Jim

I have a Sensus Pro - in appearance it is a small black plastic box with a loop on top for a velcro strap (to attach to a d-ring). On the back of the box are three electrical contacts and a water sensor opening. You just wear it during your dive, then that evening (or whenever - it holds 80 hours of data at a 10 second sampling rate), you download it to your Palm or Computer. I mainly use mine with my Palm. I get three screens for each dive: The first screen shows start & end times, surface and depth temperatures, maximum and average depth. Screen two shows graphic profiles of the dive, and dive temperature. Page three is the raw data listed for each data sampling point - and you can set the sampling interval for any interval down to 1 second.

The computer program has some additional boxes for tank pressure (and calculates SAC rate), dive buddy/ location information, and general comments.

Software for both Windows and Palm, as well as a serial connection cable are included in the unit price, which was $110, last time I checked.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom