Best credit card to earn miles to fly to best Caribbean places

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks all..... I'll call capital one venture card first. ... then the rest.

I'm only looking to fly to Hawaii and Caribbean often. Thanks again.

There's 2 Venture cards - the free one that I have pays 1.25 points per dollar and the annual fee card is 2 points per dollar. I have to look at this to figure out what's what - there's always a catch in there somewhere. I pretty much think it's ridiculous to pay for a credit card though.
Some of the airline cards sound pretty good - even the Spirit one sounded good. But then your soul is owned by an airline.

I live in Philly usa.

What's the best credit card to earn miles to fly to best Caribbean dive or snorkel destinations?

I have miles n more card but they only fly to Jamaica, st Lucia and Trinidad.

I wanna fly freely to TCI , Belize, Bonaire etc. !

Pls suggest. !
I recommend the Chase Sapphire Preferred card. We got it for a trip to Germany last year because it doesn't have any foreign transaction fees, but you can also get"points" you can use for various travel options as well as for shopping on Amazon. I've bought maybe $1000 in "free stuff" on Amazon with it so far.

Just TODAY I got 2 free tickets on Delta to fly to Puerto Rico (for 53,000 points), which would have cost $660 in cash. That's better than 1% "cash back" point ratio, as the same points would have bought only $530 in stuff on Amazon. Chase advertises a "20% bonus" when booking with its travel partners. You can use the points with multiple airlines....

Highly recommend.

No blackout dates, no airline restrictions. Free concierge service worldwide.

If you have to ask you can't afford it^^ :rofl3:

What's that Capital One Card Alec Baldwin advertises on TV? No blackout dates and any airline?

I've been able to get to several destinations in the Caribbean on USAirways Miles - including Turks/Caicos. They fly there thru Charlotte. Grand Cayman also.

Bonaire is generally Continental or Delta thru Houston or Atlanta. Or Insel but I don't think they have a card.

I also had the AAdvantage card but never accumulated enough miles for anything useful - except magazines.

The best way to get to Bonaire is American to Curacao then take one of the small carriers like Insel or Divi Divi over. AA flies from MIA to CUR daily.

The Capital One VENTURE card is GREAT. I also have an AAdvantage MasterCard, but the Venture card is much better.

I've been to the Caribbean many times. I could not tell you when the last time I had to pay for an airline ticket was. I'm going to Bonaire in November, Puerto Rico in January. I am not paying a penny for airfare.

But you have to commit 100% all-in to charging everything you can at all times to the card to build a balance of miles you can use.

If you really want to get into the ins and outs of free airline travel, you need FlyerTalk - The world's most popular frequent flyer community

Back
Top Bottom