Best destination dive site for Jan/Feb diving for NYC resident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mexico: Cozumel, Isla Mujeres, Puerto Morelos or anywhere else along the Riviera Maya.
Colombia: Santa Rosa - Just outside Cartegena.

If you CAN make it a week, hop down to Philly, direct to NAS (Nassau, Bahamas) and take passage on one of the AllStar boats (Bahamas Dive Liveaboard Trips- All Star Liveaboards Blackbeards, CatPPalu, Aqua Cat).

If you don't mind the "camping at sea" vibe ( I actually, REALLY, enjoyed it), you could be in for less than $2500 door to door (transportation, 1 night pre-trip at the marina motel, travel-food, tips, etc.) on Blackbeards. More diving, more relaxation, lower cost helping to offset the loss of hours for the longer trip.

I am highly biased, I'll admit, but there is no finer caribbean diving then here in St Croix. USVI.

American flies via Miami and on the weekend also Charlotte. I travel off the island at least once a month and have had no problems connecting. Delta and Spirit also have a daily flight.

On the East end I prefer Dive Experience and on the West side I prefer Nep2une, although all of the shops are really good.

Turks and Caicos is a direct flight on JB daily from NYC. The diving is nice here in Provo, or you can hop over to Grand Turk.

Cozumel offers a lot of flexibility, high end/low end you can easily get three dives a day.

I am a pretty new diver, but I dove in Cozumel and Cancun and the dives were quite good. I find Mexico to be a little less pricey than some of the islands I've been to. If you do Cancun, I would use AquaWorld. I used them for my Open Water Cert and numerous times for snorkeling. Great staff and reasonable prices IMO.

Also, direct flights through JetBlue or Delta from JFK are usually pretty reasonable.

3days? I hate to say it, but the Florida Keys are your best bet.

Nyc resident here also looking to do some spring diving. Big fan of Coz. Tend to stay at occidental.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom