Best Dive Op for Westin Casuarina Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gar

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife and I will be staying at the Westin Casuarina Resort on SMB in early September. We will have our 2 Ž½ year old daughter with us. We need to take turns diving. One of us would dive the morning and the other one would dive the afternoon. We will not have a babysitter, so ease of getting to the dive op with ÅÄhild hand-offs is paramount. Would prefer a smaller capacity boat, but are not as picky with that. Does anyone have a recommendation for an Op that is close and could accommodate this? Happy for any input including comments on the resort. Thanks.

I dove with Neptune and liked the boat they run. They take I think a
maximum of eight divers. I was very lucky and we had three divers in our group
along with the guide. They also start a little later than some of the others so
you have a bit more time. Most of the charters will pick up at the hotels. They
are toward the north end of seven mile beach in a small harbor with several
other charter boats.

2 votes for Neptune. Ill check them out. Thanks.

If Nepture doesn't work out, I dove with Indigo Divers last month. Six packs, no rush. Will PU at hotel. Would recommend them again. They work out of a bay on the north side of SMB. Perhaps the same one as nepture.

There are lots of good west side dive ops and ALL of them will pick you up at the Westin. I suggested Neptune because it's across the street.

Hey Gar,

Penny Williams, concierge at the Westin and avid diver, could likely help you out considerably, including with your childcare requirements. I would look into Cayman 6 Pack Divers with Renee Knight Cayman Scuba Diving - Cayman Islands Scuba 6 Divers I would imagine she would be happy to help you out with your diving needs, including your AM and PM schedule. I've dived with her many times since 2004. Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

Good diving, Craig

All the suggestions so far have been good one's. Let me add my voice for Indigo Divers.

http://www.indigodivers.com/

I dove with them last year and I'm diving with them again next week. I"m staying at the Westin with my wife and children as well, and we have a rather large group (two other couples) coming with us.

The Westin has a Children Camp program if you wanted to get child care services in the morning so both you and your wife could dive together.

Here's my suggestion: call or e-mail the Westin as we did. Get the prices for the Children's Camp Program and see if it's within your budget.

If you want to pay for child care then book with Indigo or which ever op you choose so both you and your wife can dive together in the morning.

Truthfully, If I stayed at the Westin and dove with anyone else other than Indigo (meaning if Indigo wasn't around or in business) I'd try to get w/Neptune and then Cayman Diving School in that order.

I still rate Indigo higher for a lot of reasons. Check out all the websites and then go for it. Enjoy your trip and dive safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom