Best Dive Op for Westin Casuarina Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think your daughter is old enough for the Westin Kids Camp. (think they have to be 5)

We will be staying at the Westin in July with our 13 month old son. I am considering taking him to Smyles daycare for the few hours we will be diving. Or hiring a private babysitter through the Westin.

I too am researching dive ops in Cayman and am getting rather concerned about the safety record due to other threads in this forum. Already booked the airfare so no backing out now. I just have to hope everything goes smoothly and safely.

Hi zinnia7,

I was just clarifying Nesher's post where he recommended Cayman Diving School, I had previously recommended Cayman 6 Pack and wanted to make sure there was no confusion. Cayman 6 Pack under Renee Knight comes with my highest recommendation. We have dived with them many times since 2004 including many afternoon 2 and 3 tank dives. I'd look them up on the website and correspond with Renee, website in my original post.

Good diving, Craig

I have been out with Wall to Wall a number of times and love their operation. Large fast well equiped boats, small number of divers, personalized service, great staff. They dive the west and north and in the past, have picked up and dropped off clients on request. Strongly recommend that you consider them.

UPDATE:
We just finished five days diving w/ Neptune. Great trip. My wife and I took turns diving am/pm. On three of the days, we had private charters as we were the only ones on the boat. The other days, the most crowded was 2 other divers. We dove the north side. Either Casey or Keith (owners) was always on the boat. Casey, Keith and Marcos (DM) were all great and made everything very easy. Neptune picked up and dropped off at the Westin w/ no issues. Water Temp 86f. I would recommend Neptune.

I too am researching dive ops in Cayman and am getting rather concerned about the safety record due to other threads in this forum. Already booked the airfare so no backing out now. I just have to hope everything goes smoothly and safely.

I see you have 50+ logged dives. Assuming your skills are current, all of the dive ops mentioned here are "safe". If your skills are rusty, then none of them may be "safe" and I suggest a Refresher Course on the morning after your arrival.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom