Best Dive Operators in Playa del Carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just joined. 1st Post

Thread is just what I wanted to inquire about. Going to PDC at end of February as well. Planning on local dives, cenotes, night dive want to get Cozumel for a couple dives.

Are there any Cozumel dive operators that will P/U in PDC and dive at Cozumel?

TIA

Just joined. 1st Post

Thread is just what I wanted to inquire about. Going to PDC at end of February as well. Planning on local dives, cenotes, night dive want to get Cozumel for a couple dives.

Are there any Cozumel dive operators that will P/U in PDC and dive at Cozumel?

TIA

My understanding is that there are CZM dive ops that might pick you up at the ferry pier (in a land vehicle), and accomodate your ferry-based schedule, but in terms of picking you up by boat in PDC to go all the way across the channel to CZM might be a stretch (although I stand to be corrected). I know there are CZM dive ops that dive the Yucatan mainland sites, and vise versa, but not sure of any that will do what you are asking.

That said, there are plenty of diving opportunities on the mainland; as you noted, especially the cenotes. There are also good ocean sites, as well.

If you want to do two days of diving in CZM, my suggestion would be to take the ferry over, rent a room for at least one night on the island, and coordinate with a dive op from there.

Thx for the info everyone, y'all were very helpful! Went with Geofish, after someone recommended it on here and a reference from a friend in town. Went out today with them, they were really good, very professional, would highly recommend them. As for Cozumel dives, Geofish in PDC will take you out to Coz for $85.

I have used Geofish Before and had a fantastic time. Great Service, Good prices.

Hola! The family is headed to Playa del Carmen on Jan 25 til Feb 4. Hoping to get in some great dives. I heard about scubawithalison.com Supposed to be a good company with great reviews. I'm a very new diver but love it. Thought I would go over to Cozumel for a few day trips but there is so much to see. Any great suggestions for a cenote dive?

Any great suggestions for a cenote dive?

I'm assuming you mean a cenote dive on the Mainland and not on Coz (if on Coz, then German Yanez is your man!). On the Mainland, there are many guides -- just make sure you pick one that follows the guidelines:

a. OW Instructor or higher + Full Cave
b. Dives in full cave gear
c. Max of 4 "students" on a tour
d. Gives a full briefing, including geologic history, prior to the tour

Dennis Weeks, in Playa Aventuras, Diablo Divers (Pez de Diablo her on SB), is always my first choice as one to call for a tour.

ProTec Dive Center and Mom's hotel is another great choice, my wife just got back from there and felt really good about the dive shop, it's operators and the hotel. The dive shop and hotel are in the same place and that arrangement works very well and is very secure.

When you were told about Dennis Weeks, his company is now Aquanauts Dive Center, in Puerto Aventuras. I would very highly recommend them, I hve been diving with them almost exclusively for three years and will again starting in the middle of Feb for a month. They are very accomodating, very safety concious and great to deal with. Everyone from the store staff to the boat staff are very personable and a fun group to dive with.

Last year I completed my Rescue Diver with Geo Fish Divers and I'll see them again this year. Along with them and Aquanauts I have used Akamal Dive Center but the DM couldn't find the dive I wanted last year was disappointed but still enjoyed it.
If you dive with Geo Fish ask them for Mama Nino, wreck site.

Hi Just got back from staying at the grand sunset princess resort and the local dive shop was great! the dive shop name is SeaPro Divers. Peter is the lead instructor with Raisa and Emila also instructors at the resort. The have a great boat and the prices are reasonable..I highly recommend them!

Back
Top Bottom