Best Dive Operators in Playa del Carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most of the dive shops mentioned are in Playa del Carmen. How long of a drive is it from Playa del Carmen to the popular cenotes for cavern diveing? Does anyone recommend any dive shops further south and closer to the cenotes?

The cenotes are only 15 mins away from playa del carmen, and you need to hire someone in playa to take you there. All of the dive shops i seem mention are great dive shops. The only one that I wouldn't recommend is phamtom divers. Nice guys, but they don't pay much attention when diving, so if you have a problem, you are usually on your own.

J

Hi all...

I live in playa del carmen, and would be willing to dive with anyone that needs a buddy to dive with. I am here till the end of april or maybe even longer if my business/working permit is approved. I will dive with any experience level and I am a divemaster with PADI, and a NOAA Commercial Diver.

Have Fun

Play safe

J

I don´t know about any dive shops further south, but Scuba 10 is another good dive shop in Playa del Carmen. It's relatively new (only about a year old) but because we are a fairly small dive shop,the service is great and the staff here are very friendly and helpful. We offer a number of different dive tours including bull shark dives, night dives, cenote dives (about a 1/2 hour drive away), and dives in the nearby Cozumel. We also offer dive certification courses.

Hi Just got back from staying at the grand sunset princess resort and the local dive shop was great! the dive shop name is SeaPro Divers. Peter is the lead instructor with Raisa and Emila also instructors at the resort. The have a great boat and the prices are reasonable..I highly recommend them!

Thank you.

+1 Alvaro Gonzalez great guy. I share with you his phone number 1 (888) 229 6110, hope this helpful for you. Also visit his website and text him. Always Diving® - Cozumel Scuba Diving & Diving in Cancun
Hey folks,

Going to Playa del Carmen shortly for a diving vacation. Still really green, got certified last year and been on just 6 dives (including the 4 during certification). Hoping y'all can recommend some good, safe dive operators in Playa or Cozumel. Thanks!

I highly recommend Playa SCUBA in Playa del Carmen. They are a small dive shop - very friendly, honest, and knowledgeable. They made my diving experience in Playa del Carmen absolutely amazing. They also respond to email very quickly with helpful advice, which is wonderful. Email address is info@playascuba.com

I just returned from diving with them and if you are looking for a beautiful experience, I recommend diving in the cenotes, which are very unique to the Yucatan peninsula. I dove both Dos Ojos and El Eden cenotes - check out El Eden on YouTube to get an idea of what a dive is like... YouTube - El Eden Cenote

Diving in Playa del Carmen and Cozumel are also wonderful of course, but I really enjoyed my cenote experience, especially with the fantastic people at Playa SCUBA.

:):):)
Hi Just got back from staying at the grand sunset princess resort and the local dive shop was great! the dive shop name is SeaPro Divers. Peter is the lead instructor with Raisa and Emila also instructors at the resort. The have a great boat and the prices are reasonable..I highly recommend them!

I would highly recommend Dive Mex in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Me and my boyfriend attended a Padi Open water diving course at Dive Mex. We experienced Dive Max with Sunil Panchal as a diving instructor, to be very professional and polite. Sunil Panchal is a patient and competent teacher. The equipment was faultless and the owner Dirk was very service-minded. He took time to talk to us, give us some diving tips over a bottle of beer.

In addition, after we finished the course, we did 2 tank dives in the Cenotes. That was an amazing experience, a best memory from Mexico.

If you want to get in touch with them, check out their web site: DiveMex-Tauchen in Playa del Carmen-Startseite

My girlfriend and I dive 4 days with a Alvaro Gonzalez from AlwaysDiving, we get Open Water Certification with him in Cancun. He is an amazing guy, really funny and have lot of experience. I can recommend him as a dive instructor, he was really patient with us.

We also do snorkel with whale sharks... the best experience of our lifes, for real!!

His profile have contact details View Profile: alwaysdiving - ScubaBoard

Hope this information be helpfull for you.

Best Regards.

Hey folks,

Going to Playa del Carmen shortly for a diving vacation. Still really green, got certified last year and been on just 6 dives (including the 4 during certification). Hoping y'all can recommend some good, safe dive operators in Playa or Cozumel. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom