Best Dive Watch Ever...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PaulChristenson:
Geez...a grammy winner...:D
I'd a thought you have a Rolex Sea-Dweller 4000...:D

Currently using a Luminox...
yep that russian divers watch is a great (and big and heavy) one! unfortunately they hold time like grannys wallclock! but its def a great collectors piece and still timely enough for a dive. it def makes a great conversation piece LOL. i love the canteen type and sized screw down cap!
as for the luminox, great watch - cheap, reliable, undestroyable (well, nearly) and very nice illuminated without holding friggin lights on it :11doh:, def a analog, watch without thrills winner!!!!! and forget the rolex, its for ageing babyboomers that need a mercedes slk to replace prozac :D

OE2X:
Yeah right. Just like the other two were "okay". :wink:

I'm curious...what made you buy the third Suunto after the previous two went TU? :D

Hmmm - good question. When I stop banging my head against the wall I'll let you know. :D
I originally got an XLander. It died after warrenty. I replaced it with another one because I liked the features. It died after warrenty as well.

Got the Stinger because I liked the features - waterproof, alarm clock, back light and worst case scenario I could use it for diving. :wink: I have two other computer/bottom timers so this wasn't a big deal. Figured this would be bombproof. It was until it went through security with my keys and pocket change...

gcbryan:
I'm curious...what made you buy the third Suunto after the previous two went TU? :D

guess, its the one finally has to work even for me principle??? how much lemons can you actually get? had that with my first cochran nemesis - 2 return "****ty monday" products (i guess) and number 3 works since years just great. the suunto isnt a bad computer at all! and if you had to problem ones - come on - the 3rd has to be good! you wanna change brand and start from scratch??

LSDeep:
how much lemons can you actually get? QUOTE]

A couple more and he's opening the lemonade stand...:D

Which will benefit my popcorn concession...:D

mattboy:
My favorite was an old russian dive watch that a friend picked up for me pretty cheap in Switzerland, where I imagine they're fairly suspicious of foreign watches....it had a little diver on the face. It really looked cool; worked great until I got it wet! Now I use a seiko. To me the watch/computer combos are not really good at being either; take a computer for your depth/ascent rate/dive time/NDL info and a watch as back up time and to wear on land, you know, with clothes.

The new Vostok divers watches are much higher quality I own 3 and they keep excellent time, don't need batteries and are pretty cool looking
www.russarmy.com
don't buy a one on ebay they are usually second or third quality or pieces of soviet era garbage

PaulChristenson:
Geez...a grammy winner...:D
I'd a thought you have a Rolex Sea-Dweller 4000...:D

Yeah, well, classical music grammys don't yield enough money for anything like that, but at least there's no paparazzi! Plus, it wasn't my record, I just wrote music for it. Maybe I could buy a "rolex" on Canal St.?

DOXA Sub. N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom