Best Dive watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Citizen Eco Drive 300m Professional Diver. Had mine for going on 5 years now. Big, easy to read, had it under the ice, and to 160 feet. I'd buy another if I ever lost it.

Jim:

Does yours have a "guard" on each side of the crown? The model I have (my not be "pro") has the crown at 3:00, with no flare in the case to guard it. That has resulted in the stem unscrewing.... I'm not happy (learned what to look for).....

My EcoDrive Diver 200M Titanium has the crown at 3 o'clock and no guard.

It also has never had any problem with keeping the crown tightly screwed in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I was looking at the Citizen Aqualand II JP1030-02L
I know it quite a few years old and doesnt have the eco drive technology that the new watches have which is a downside that I really dont like. However, what I do like about it is that It records up to 4 dives and gives you a digital log of the dive start time/finish time, max depth, current depth, water temp, plus it has the chronograph and uni directional bezel for keeping track of time.
Im looking for a dive watch that is nice looking and a daily wear type watch. Also one that is good for diving as well. I like the new styles that have the eco drive but they dont give all the dive info that the discontinued JP1030-02L offer.
Does anyone have any pro's and cons about this type or similar type of watch they can share?

Not necessarily something I wear on every dive but it is nice to have when in places like Bonaire, and I am just a fan of tags
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362324065.925617.jpg
Tag Heuer Aquaracer Professinal 500m

Just remember the meter number does not mean how deep it can go. IE 100m means good for swimming,
Check out this link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_Resistant_mark

Sent from my IPad using Tapatalk

I've had it for many years but it stays in my dive bag, I don't take a watch with me in the water - my computer keeps time. Also, I would have to put it over my wet suit which would require a different band setup. I love my Seiko.

Attachments

• IMG_1112.jpg
    IMG_1112.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 838
These three are probably king of the hill even including my DOXA and similar or even the over priced Rolex.

1. Seiko SKX007 - automatic
2. Seiko Orange (or Black) Monster SKX781 - automatic
3. Citizen Ecozilla --quartz solar "Eco Drive"

You can spend thousands, and I have, and not find better dive watches and these three can often be had, new, under 200 to 250 dollars or less.

N

Back
Top Bottom