Best dives in Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ross9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My partner and I recently moved (back) to Sydney and want to dive more regularly now we're living nearer warmer waters. We're both drysuit certified though my partner struggles a bit with the cold water and drysuit faff - so warmer water is generally preferred.

We have a trip up to the Sunshine Coast to dive the HMAS Brisbane coming up in November and are looking at Heron Island for the New Year. Other than that, our only other Australian dive experience is at South West Rocks and a 3-day liveaboard off Cairns.

What are your favourite dive sites in Australia?

jervis bay in sydney area is nice ive heard-north of Brisbane go to wolf rock for sharks - port philip in melbourne for great wall dives- mt gambier for caves and caverns Nullarbor plains for expedition cave diving

Heron Island for the New Year
Heron is very busy that time of year being only a 2 hour ferry transfer , avoid weekends and school holidays if you can.
Book early.

HMAS Brisbane is amazing.
PM me when you are in the area and I will take you both on a tour, I know it very well, served on the sister ship HMAS Perth and have guided divers on the xHMAS Brisbane from when it was first scuttled in 2005, I had a charter boat operation there in the past.
No charge, I am now retired, book with Sunreef for a double dive as they have better boat ladders for this old diver to climb :checkbox: , it also helps, they know me.
I just like to see how the 'old girl' is doing, and their boats are better

Reactions: Dan
Sydney is very good! Have a look at my website for more information about Sydney, NSW and some other parts of Australia. Michael McFadyen's Scuba Diving Web Site

Sydney is very good!
And some of the deep wrecks off Sydney are a must dive, only if you have the required gear and training for those dives.
The best ones start at 45m.

every diving Aussie I've ever met said it's the best dive they've done.
In my top 5 dives ever.
On the right day, hard to beat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom