Best diving 1000km from Amsterdam?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have done a few nice dives in Zeeland - can't remember the names/locations right now but the local dive shops can help I am sure.

The viz is not all that great but not hopeless either. I remember one dive with about 15 m viz and lobsters and other interesting invertebrates - not bad at all even for someone who has dived places like Maldives, Coral Sea, Australia and Canada.

If you a diving on a long weekend at the popular dive site at the very long bridge (sorry - can 't remember its name but it is well known in Zeeleand) there may be worth avoiding. Even if you dive early - before the tide stops running there are lots of other divers - lots of people come from Germany to dive there.

blatter:
If you a diving on a long weekend at the popular dive site at the very long bridge (sorry - can 't remember its name but it is well known in Zeeleand) there may be worth avoiding. Even if you dive early - before the tide stops running there are lots of other divers - lots of people come from Germany to dive there.
That would be the Zeelandbrug... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeelandbrug

Indeed Zeeland has many (about 40 or so) nice dive sites, in hte weekends many Belgians and Germans are coming there to dive.
Belgium has only lakes to dive in, but unfortuantly most freshwater places are not abundant with life. Zeeland is a wayyyyy better option (just 1.5 hours drive from Leiden: u don't have to go far to have fun).
Diving in the Oosterschelde (e.g. Zeelandbrug) is not recommended for divers with not so much experience. Grevelingenmeer offers about 8 dive sites where u don't have a think about current and tides and u have a great dive time within the limitations of your certification.

Have a great time divign!
Yell

Hi there. We are further south and have the same issues. Zeeland is worth one or two visits but hardly more than that, it is a beginners site and not a particularly good one (pretty cr@p in fact). The best place for you in my opinion is to go to the UK (as you speak English well). We dive the Brighton/Newhaven area (mostly wrecks) and drive some serious kilometers and rather unpleasant schedules to do so, not to mention the high cost. (Even with Lux diesel at €0.95/L)

Its still more a three day weekend than a normal one. The ferry crossing is a pain and about €100.

We are seriously considering leaving well paid jobs in Luxembourg for this reason.

Chris

Hi
Check out the Italian Rivieria. Rappello Italy I wrote about my dive there a few weeks ago. See the Abyss.com for information and read my letter enjoy.

Defo West and southwest coast of Ireland, great water temperatures as well in Aug Sep Oct.
For Deep divers, defenitely cork with some of the best wreckages, then there is Valencia in Co Kerry and Baltimore during october. "Whale watching"

Leenane Co Galway is all year nice with some great shore and boat dives, asrtificial wreck and a cave diving caters for openwater till deepdivers.

If you are thinking of comming thes way
Give me a shout, I'd be happy to help anyone out.

Bas

Back
Top Bottom