Best diving and non-diving combination

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Air Scooby

Registered
Reaction score
I'm planning a trip with a diving friend and our non-diving wives. I need to know where the best location is for BOTH diving and above water activities. I know it's easy to name great dive sites, but please try to put your diving bias aside for a second. We want our above water time to be equally great. (Or, our wives may not let us go diving any more.)

Things to consider: Beaches, shopping, food & nightlife.

British Virgin Islands and stay on Tortolla. There is a great wreck the Rhone, Virgin Gorda has amazing snorkling and beaches. The island has terrific night life.

curacao(sp?) I've never dived it but the above water activity is good. I just got certified and the two mags I picked up both had spreads about the diving there so I think it's safe to assume that it is good. Hope that helps. :thumbs_up

Bali

Cozumel, the diving is excellent, and with the dollar doing well against the peso your wives night not be able to inflict too much shopping damage :wink:

California!:)

If you're going to go diving and do topside stuff, there is no better place on earth than the land of OZ. In particular a stay in the city of Cairnes. The women can shop till they drop, enjoy many fine restaurants, beaches within an hours drive. In addition there is worldclass whitewater rafting adventure on the Tully River, journeys to the outback to visit aboriginal villages, day trips to the Daintree River and Rainforest or Cape Tribulation Beach, the opportunities are endless. Highly recommended... speaking from first hand experience... must go for at least two weeks... dive a week and do land a week ... Happy Diving.

Ken

Playa Del Carmen

Great Beaches, Neat town, Good ocean diving, awesome Cenote diving, and Cozumel is just a short ferry ride away for some excellent ocean diving.

Check out my recent trip report in the Mexico forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom