best diving in the Caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

actually they do not stamp passports in cuba. they stamp your tourist visa which if you were an american you could eat on the plane on the way back and no one would be the wiser. not hat I recomend that or anything.

but you can save your five bucks. They do this because thousands americans (I have met some) go to cuba each year and they don't want to scare you or your almighty dollar away. :)

beyond_gravity:
I am in a group of Ventures that is planning a trip to the Caribbean for the summer of 2004.

I'm wondering what everyone thinks the best destination is.

We were thinking about Belize and Cuba.

also: has anyone had any experience with DaSilva scuba from Calgary?

Hey Man, be careful about going to Cuba. I don't think the Cubans will stamp your passport, but it may not be as simple as that. Check it out from every angle before you go. If you get caught you will get hit with a hefty fine and with all this terrorist stuff in the air you might also get a real hard going over. Maybe you can get there on a live aboard!

If you are considering Cuba head straight south for Trinidad. Fantastic untouched diving and absolutely untouched by massive corporate tourisim. BTW be sure to take a gift along of a peice of dive gear for your DM. I took a cheap Akona Shortie and gave it to my DM it bought me a huge return in extra tanks, the best dive sites and wonderful friendship. Dive gear is hard to come by on the salary they make.

Cherry:
If you are considering Cuba head straight south for Trinidad.

I have been through Trinidad many, many times, on my way to Tobago. What would make anyone leave the airport to go on to Trinidad itself, I have yet to discover. Keep going and head for Tobago.

More importantly, look at the search features of this message board and do a little research (in answer to the original post). Define just what you are looking for. I could tell you what my favorite place is (Roatan), but for you it might be a disaster.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom