Best diving locations...in the world

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Misa, I see that you're from Romania, any good diving there? I grew up in California but my parents are Romanian and wondering if there's any worthwhile diving when I go back to visit.

Robert

Bonaire, Netherland Antiles; amazing place. I dived with Divi Flamingo dive shop, very friendly and competent people; very decent, recent ScubaPro equipment.
On Bonaire you can dive from the shore; if you pay for a boat dive in the morning, you have unlimited air for the rest of the day, to use wherever you wish.
Try night dives, Tarpons are pretty smart, they figured out that the dive lights are good for hunting, so they follow you around and hunt in your lights, quite amazing; turn the light off - and they will bump you: "Hey, buddy, turn on the light!"...

The Red Sea is a great place to dive; however, some of the places I dove there back in the 90's were no longer open in 2008 when I went back due to the amount of damage divers had done to the reefs. The best places left to dive are the ones people do not talk about. That being said, I have been fortunate to dive all over the world so I would say the Red Sea is still a great place to dive for marine life. As far as wrecks go, that would depend on your skill level but for my 2 cents its hard to beat the great lakes if you want to see old wrecks that are still in great condition.

Has anyone been to Marianas Trench? Not sure if you can dive there, I just know it's the lowest point in the ocean. I think I just answered my own question though... if you can't get to the bottom, why would you go?

I like the New Jersey coast, you can see wrecks; fish; and sometimes in the later months of the summer some tropical fish will show up. (not always)
You can if you wish to, spear some dinni and grab a lobster or two!

I also like North Carolina, some warmer clear water, and as I said above, wrecks; fish; (and sharks) and tropicals most of the time. spear fishing is allowed!

See you topside! John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom