Best diving on cebu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

subzero:
If you want great diving, then Malapascua is the place to go. You can spend a whole week there and never get tired of diving.

what would you suggest, malapascua-moalboal or malapascua-bohol?

Spoon:
i'm no expert but based on what i've seen here and other similar threads it's malapascua-bohol... seems you'll be getting the absolute best (short of tubba) in exchange for a little extra in terms of travel arrangements (malapascua-cebu/cebu-tagbilaran/ tagbilaran-alona)

looking forward to the trip report!

Jag

Spoon:
I would choose Malapascua-Bohol dive..

subzero:
I would choose Malapascua-Bohol dive..
me too... saw Jessica Soho's report last night on GMA 7 about Malapascua and more particularly on Gato Island. There were sharks lurking and some doing swim throughs. Plenty plenty....but that's next year for me. Right now my sights focused in the balicasag dive this october end.

BTW, my problem with Malapascua is it doesn't have fresh water.

Spoon:
how do they manage? im perplexed?
Malapascua has brackish water. Most likely, the locals are used to drinking this kinda water. I tried to brush my teeth with it once and was nasty. The good news, there's ample supply of bottled water in the island.

subzero:
Malapascua has brackish water. Most likely, the locals are used to drinking this kinda water. I tried to brush my teeth with it once and its nasty. The good news, there's ample supply of bottled water in the island.

thats a good thing, cant imagine drinking brackish water! how do you feel after a shower?

Spoon:
how do you feel after a shower?
One thing I noticed, the soap wont form any lather. After taking a show, there's a feeling of saltiness lingering in your skin. Put it this way, by the time you head back to Manila, you'll be longing for a freshwater shower.

subzero:
One thing I noticed, the soap wont form any lather. After taking a show, there's a feeling of saltiness lingering in your skin. Put it this way, by the time you head back to Manila, you'll be longing for a freshwater shower.
darn...

subzero:

It depends on the season and what resort/bungalow you stay at (which well the water is pumped from). I have stayed at the Kuan Bar at the end of May and end of November. Sometimes it depends on how dry the season is. I usually smell a little sulfer in the water but do feel clean afterwards. Soap lathers up enough for me and I don't feel any saltiness. If you get cloths cleaned there make sure to use some downy (fabric softener) otherwise they may not smell "fresh". Not being native to the island I definitely drink bottled water after seeing everyone bathing near the wells and using the bathroom who knows where.

Jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom