Best drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The beta testers have been enthusiastic -- but you can't put pockets on the suit. Not even Bare knows how. That was a deal-breaker for me.

Ahh... bummer. There always has to be some kind of catch with a nice, new product! Fortunately, that's not a deal-breaker for me :wink:

Pinnacle Evolution:
Pros: Price - very reasonable. I use the over boot system and dry gloves, 2 pockets - good size for what I need, sitech valves - touch and forget - never had an issue. Very durable suit - I do not think you could ever puncture it unless you use a nail gun:) Front zipper - easily done and un-done by yourself no need for assistance.
Cons: Kind of stiff when dry - but heck I bought it to dive in it not to walk around in the sun. (Once in the water it loosens up beautifully.)
Overall - good, inexpensive suit that will withstand a beating and still be as good as new.

I have the Whites Fusion Tech.

Pros: excellent fit; easy to don and doff; streamlined profile (because of the lycra and neoprene outer skin); doesn't require as much weight compared to some other dry suits; user replaceable outer skin.

Cons: takes some time for the outer skin to dry after use.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty excited to check this out!

Any firsthand reviews?

Not yet. I have one ordered, and they should be arriving in early April. I did try on one of the prototypes in the store, and it is amazingly light and very easy to put on. It does now come with one internal pocket (another thread has pictures), but not pockets like you normally see people use on drysuits.

I'm another DUI owner. I have an OLD "TLS" suit. I like it because it's lightweight, dries fast, is rugged, completely dry and I bought it used so it didn't cost me very much. Cons would be that it could really use new valves (there have been improvements since this was made) and it has no warmth without undies, meaning you need thicker undies with it.

Last edited:
Bare SB system looks interesting. i will check this out at the LA Scuba show if they are exhibited

has anyone tried the new scubapro crush neoprene and has anyone use the dive rite both drysuits

Back
Top Bottom