Best Family Friendly AI Resort?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoCalOffshore

Contributor
Reaction score
we would need a kids program for our 10 year old while we dive. we have been to Coz a number of times, but not at one of the AI resorts. any advise?

Not so dumb after all - I just figured it out - ALL INCLUSIVE

Mixed reviews - lot of people don't like the food - not for me, but good luck - the one I'm thinking of (Iberostar??) right by the harbor/dive boat dockage area, is beautiful, and I never heard anything bad except for the food.

You are not limited to diving w/ the resort; any of the operators will pick you up.

My favorite is Blue Angel; probably 100 dives w/ them over the years - last year 2 tank trips in a fast boat were $53 or $54 if you paid cash

YMMV

Check and see if the Park Royal is AI. Was just chatting with a co-worker who is heading back to Coz and planning to stay at Park Royal b/c kids are insisting they want to go back there. He's got a 10 year old and a couple of toddlers. It's probably the closest "big" hotel near town that had all kinds of kiddie things to do.

- the one I'm thinking of (Iberostar??) right by the harbor/dive boat dockage area, is beautiful, and I never heard anything bad except for the food.

You probably mean the Presidente. Iberostar is far south. Presidente is beautiful but very costly...which is probably wasted on kids...

Check and see if the Park Royal is AI. Was just chatting with a co-worker who is heading back to Coz and planning to stay at Park Royal b/c kids are insisting they want to go back there. He's got a 10 year old and a couple of toddlers. It's probably the closest "big" hotel near town that had all kinds of kiddie things to do.

While I like the Park Royal, I don't recommend it for toddlers. The walkways are rough and uneven limestone pieces that are easy for an adult to stumble over. A toddler with an unsteady walk or a little one going full speed will have bloody knees from day one. They do have a small childrens park, but in two trips, I have never seen anyone in it. Also, one of the two restaurants does not allow admittance to children under a certain age (sorry, can't remember age). I would take my wife to the PR, but choose some place else if I went with my young kids.

I would look into Allegro on the southern end. They have a great beach, good size kids park and "activities" pool with things going on all day. The food is decent with a few dishes for children at every meal. Just my two cents. Have fun.

PH

I would consider the Iberostar resort. Reviews overall are very favorable and they do have have an excellant kids program called Lucy's Club. The downside is they are the furthest from town, but closest to the reefs and the water entry on the beach is rocky and then is fine. Many dive operators will pick you up at the resort pier. Dressel Divers is the onsite dive op if you prefer that.

My husband and I stayed at Occidental Grand years ago and really enjoyed it. We used Blue XT~Sea as our dive op and they picked us up right at the Grand's dock. We didn't bring our kids along on that trip, but their website says they do have a kids club. Occidental Grand Cozumel, All Inclusive Mexico Resort
The only negative was that the cab fare into town got pretty expensive since it's South of town, but if you're not planning on going into town much, that wouldn't be a problem. On a positive note, you get to the reefs super fast for diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom