Best/Favorite Cruise for Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lostboy

Registered
Reaction score
What was the best or your favorite Caribbean Diving Cruise by line/stops? Any particular set of ports, Ship, or Cruise Line better in your opinions?

My daughter want to combine a cruise with diving for her graduation present, and we have limited experiences to try to choose. Most lines include GC and/or Cozumel, which is great; but what hidden gems are out there (if any?)

Thoughts?

jwh

Norwegian Cruise Lines Western Caribbean currently sailing on the Wind I believe hits Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize and Cozumel sailing out of Fort Lauderdale. That was a pretty awesome itinerary. I don't like cruising but when the wife found that one I could not resist.

Watch the docking and departure times. Most dive ops start at 8am and if the ship docks at 9am you will miss the am dive. If the ship sticks around long enough, you can obviously dive the pm dive. Just don't miss the ship, could get the credit card limit up getting to the next stop....

Tim Ingersoll:
Norwegian Cruise Lines Western Caribbean currently sailing on the Wind I believe hits Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize and Cozumel sailing out of Fort Lauderdale. That was a pretty awesome itinerary. I don't like cruising but when the wife found that one I could not resist.

The Wind will reposition out of Houston in April 2005.

Lostboy we need to know what dates you are thinking of to better help you.

Tim Ingersoll:

I have done that route twice. Once on Norwegian (i think) and once on Premier (now defunct).

I have done the dive program through the ship although I see many in these boards who book on their own.

A later post indicates Wind is repositioning. But I am sure someone else is doing that itinerary.

I usually do cruise in Feb, presidents' week. Not sure what wife has booked for Feb 05 yet.

We are looking for summer or early fall, and right now am looking hard at the Carnival Paradise Cruise to the Western Caribbean (GC, Roatan, Coz, and Belize). Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks for everyones responses...

jwh

Tim Ingersoll:
Carnivale Glory Offers a similar trip: Key West, Cozumel, Belize and Progresso (Yuccatan). There were dives offered at every stop. There is plenty to do on the ship when you are at sea. The food was excellent. I didn't get to go diving because the trip was a present for my wife. I did however sit with two divers who went on two sperate trips at Cozumel and Key West and loved it. Look around.

Are you going to book it through a travel agent or online?

I just went on that same cruise. (New Orleans, Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Cancun) I dove with Deep Blue in Cozumel (for the third time - love that shop) and went out to Coco View on Roatan (kind of a pain to get to, but some nice dives.) I ended up not diving in Belize. It was too far to try and get out to the sites and it was - after all - Christmas day when we were there.

I went on a different cruise that went from Miami and was a bit better for diving. We dove in the Florida Keys, then Grand Caymen and Cozumel. Each place was very easy to set up and there were some good dives.

Have a lot of fun!

SMW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom