Best Location for Weekend Trip to Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeeze, i wouldn't recommed that to any of my foes.
It's not for nothing they nicknamed it "Snore". Unless of course if families, russian tourists and 3 hours bus trips in the traffic jam to get to your dive spot is your kind of weekend.

There are so many good locations and dive centres around the island I can't see any interest of staying in Sanur!
Sanur is not as bad as Luko suggests, but I can not imagine why I would stay there for a dive trip. The commute from Sanur is brutal and it so much more convenient staying in Padang Bai, or Nusa Lembongan or Amed/Tulamben.

I thought night dive on Liberty was great...so if that's your choice try to fit one in. Big big moray and lots of other stuff.

I will be doing some work in Singapore next month and will have the opportunity to get away for a long weekend (2/18 - 2/21). I initially wanted to do a liveaboard from Sin but folks on Singapore board suggested Bali as the best bet that time of year.

I was wondering if there was a location/dive hotel that people recommend. I've read a bit about Liberty and it sounds like a pretty nice setup but wasn't sure if it was my best bet. Some stuff about me:

(1) I'm not really into Muck diving. Maybe I haven't done good Muck diving and having a private guide is kind of cool but I'm more into wall diving where you can just drift along and "watch a show" as opposed to really having to hunt for stuff

(2) Also I really love to see big stuff. I still get a rush out of watching a Shark stalk around or Manta glide by

(3) Tumbutan sounds really remote. Since this will be my only venture to Indonesia I'd like experience a little bit of culture and particularly eat local food. Is that possible around there?

(4) Finally I'll be travelling solo so a diving environment that is good for that (i.e. not on your own shore dives) and is also nice and solo for chatting with people in the evening. That being said I have 0 interest in a party/tourist scene. Just the opportunity to share a beer with other travellers/divers in the evening is what I ask for...

Is Liberty my best bet? Anywhere else to consider? I'm also not married to Bali if folks had a different locale altogether...

Thanks,

bg
My two cents: World Diving on Nusa Lembongan was pleasant, good team, nice comfortable and cheap hotel rooms, I went there last year with a bunch of family and friends and all are happy. Little chance of seeing Mola Molas at this time of year, but added benefit that there are fewer divers...

Back
Top Bottom