Best money ever spent on scuba gear.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I feel all the money I hemerage on diving is well spent but if I had too choose the best I would have to choose my Canister light.

Does laser eye surgery count :) ? I bought precription lenses for my mask when doing my OW, but quickly decided that laser surgery was the way to go. Dive #5 was with plain lenses and I could not be happier.

toss up between steel spring fin straps - what a big difference for a small $ and I bought a steel low pressure 120 tank off Craigslist for $100 - best tank ever.

Cannister light..not really needed for warm water but a godsend for me in Monterey..2nd would be spring straps.

Scooter. A different kind of diving. Opened up dive sites and expanded dive conditions. Now a few knots of current are no big deal.

Some things are the best and worst money you ever spent. Strangely enough my tanks are the best. Double 72s were my first purchased from my mentor. Plenty of gas nice negative buoyancy while spreading the weight across like wings.... Next my single 72 not floaty not heavy easy to schlept and nice for shallower or maintenance dives. Next my LP Fabre 95. Not too heavy, buoyancy pretty close to the 72 plenty of gas for deeper dives. Next will be either Luxor 40 deco tank or double HP 80s. Maybe what I like about them the most is they are low maintenance compared to anything else. Just rinse them off and throw them in the basement. Once a year you take a peek inside and say"yup looks clean".

Every replacement item was the best money spent...BP,spring straps, wrist instruments, DS, light...

Back
Top Bottom