Best money ever spent on scuba gear.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Halcyon LED can light
SP Jet Fins
Drysuit
Shearwater Predator

My first BC, a TUSA X-pert, lasted for over 500 dives before replacing it with the same that did not last as long

Mares MR12 Mk III reg that I used as my main reg for over 700 dives before replacing with a Mares Abyss about 10 years ago

My Mares 5mm semi dry that has been wonderful to dive in over the past 12 years, and still fits me :D

My prescription dive masks win hands down. Nothing beats seeing the small stuff.

Well, I was going to say my first Nikonos V underwater camera...went 17 years before it finally got a flood through a worn out synch cord.

I'll amend that to prescription mask too ... and since I'm nearsighted, I'll amend the statement to "nothing beats being able to see a warmwater reef" <g>.

-hh

Following up with another view from the visually challenged, I'd say the best money I've spent so far has been on a OTS Guardian full face mask with communicator. It is just plain awesome. To top it all off, since I can't see a thing without my glasses (and do have a couple of regular masks with prescription inserts), OTS makes a lens frame insert for the Guardian, so you can have lenses made to fit.

I just keep thinking of items - First Regs: My $25 garage sale MK-10 w/ 2 SP 109's

Last edited:
The best money I spent of scuba gear was a second hand Dacor 900 reg set that I bought 2 years ago to Dsenloe. Rock solid, almost new and dependable.

Overall: Otter Brittanic superskin drysuit. Got a killer deal on it slightly used.

Bang for the buck: BP/W hands down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom