Best Place to buy DUI TLS350?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoosier

Contributor
Reaction score
I decide to buy DUI TLS350.

Could you please recommend any good place to buy the suit?

I don't mind internet shopping.

Thanks in advance,

Safe dive!

jagfish:
Diveus.com is on EBay a lot and they seem to have pretty good prices on new and used. I have ordered accessories from them and they were reliable for those items....

Jagfish is right, those guys have good prices. In fact, I bought a CF200 from them, got it quickly, great condition, etc. Happy with the transaction.

However...

Fit is really important with an investment like this, and DUI I have been told can be a little quirky in their size consistency. You might want to consider finding a shop that sells a lot of DUI and has good experience sizing them. You will pay more, but may save in the long run (plus you can probably get the dive shop to throw in a dry suit class, and they'll definitely be your friends after that purchase!)

Where do you live?

jagfish:
Diveus.com is on EBay a lot and they seem to have pretty good prices on new and used. I have ordered accessories from them and they were reliable for those items....

I've bought things from them (incl. a scooter, speargun) and rec'd great service from James in the internet sales area.

I'm in the same boat and will probably order mine after the next check.
I was at the above mentioned store last week and while thay always took VERY GOOD care of me but they wouldn't budge much at all and were $300 more than I was quoted in the Bay Area for a tls 350 signature series.
To be honest I'm ranting not so much because of price (I'm all for profit)but they rudely refused to fill one of my tanks thats visual will be expired at the end of the month....and I mean rudely.
That being said everybody is entitled to a bad day every so often.

I bought my TLS350 from Rex Dive Center, www.rexdive.com

They're in Connecticut, I just ordered over the phone, nice guys to deal with. I fit in a stock size suit though, so ordering was simple. According to DUI's website, they are the #6 top performing DUI dealer in North America.

Mel

Be careful as Henryville pointed out. You really, really need to be sized correctly. That takes someone who does a lot of them. I can assure you there is no one in your neck of the woods qualified to do this. I know the area well and the people involved.

If it fits like a potato sack you will hate it as it will trap gas. If it's to small, you won't be able to reach valves, sit down, step up or whatever movement you need to do very easily. If it fits like a glove and you are mobile enough to get at your valves and don't feel restricted, you will absolutely love this suit.

If you can find a place to try one on and rent it, that is the way to go to see if a stock suit is acceptable. If that doesn't work, then a custom fit is needed. Remember that you need to know what the heaviest undergarments you will wear are going to be. That should be marked on the order form. For a DUI, that would probably be there 400 g thinsulate. If you want to dive in the quarries around your area, it will be cold year round at the bottom. I highly recommend the 400 g thinsulate.

hoosier:
I decide to buy DUI TLS350.

Could you please recommend any good place to buy the suit?

I don't mind internet shopping.

Thanks in advance,

Safe dive!

Dear Mr. Dan Gibson,

Always thanks for your input. I take your advice. Do you know any DUI store in your area. As you know, we don't have anything down here.

I checked DUI dealer locator in Indiana. I don't have any cules which shop is good or bad. I know that one shop is in your area. Otherwise, I am thinking to make a trip to Illinois or Chicago area.

Thanks in advance,

hoosier

I bought a Bare from www.dansdiveshop.ca over the phone, but they deal with DUI also. Good prices, try them out.

One potential solution is to find out what local dive shows DUI will be at -- have the DUI rep measure you, and then send your measurements to Rex Dive Center or elsewhere to have them order the suit for you...

Of course, this leads to hassle if you need subsequent changes to the suit......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom