Best Place to Buy Gear and Dive Club/Sites in Sydney?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverAussie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,

I'm going to be permanently shifting to Sydney to work next month and want to start taking advantage of diving around the city. Could you please help me out with the following?

Since i'm going to be there for the next 2-3 year, i thought it would make sense to buy my own gear (Wetsuit, Fins, BCD, Gloves) Do you have recommendations for any shop/websites where i can get a great deal and do you think i should also invest in Regs?

2) Should you invest in a 5mm or 7mm wetsuit since Sydney can get cold?

3) What are the best dive clubs and dive sites around Sydney?

Also would love to join some existing diving clubs in the city!

7mm is the standard wetsuit over here. Gear hire is pretty expensive over here, so it's usually worth while to buy if you're going to be doing over 10 days of diving a year.

I usually hunt around for specials.. winter time is ideal. I've bought from Adreno, Wilderness and Prodive.

Dive sites are on the ocean-side and usually not within the harbour. Mixture of shore and boat dives. I haven't joined any dive clubs and generally just join a dive shop dive.

Last edited:
Agree Adreno is probably the cheapest in the city with a pretty wide choice of kit. I prefer Scubapro equipment so I shop at DIve2000 mostly. I'm also a member of Dive2000 its about $150 per year and includes free Saturday shore dives plus various other discounts.

Depends on what side of the bridge you going to be living regarding your choice of dive club or LDS.. I am north shore so I generally dive with Dive2000, Frog Dive or Dive Spear and Sport.

Thank for this really helpful.

I'm going be staying in the city, right next to CBD.

Any recommendations based on this location?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom