Best place to dive near Manila- April 3-6???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would NEVER take a banca at night from batangas to PG. Besides being illegal under PH Maritime laws, there are too many variables, NOT worth the risk

For me Anilao over the rest, Pier Uno Dive resort is my favorite choice. :wink:

Took a trip to Anilao to find a dive shop I can dive with regularly. (Twice a week)
But it looks like all dive shops are associated with a resort. (Not a big deal)

It also appears that most divers come in groups and they charter the banca for the group.
There does not appear to be a shop where you can just pay for your dive and go out in a group with a dive guide.
You have to charter the banca.
Even if you're by yourself you gotta charter the whole banca by yourself.
The cost isn't too bad at 3000 pesos but if you include the divemaster fee plus dive fee, gas at twice a week that gets kinda expensive for just yourself.

Something occasional vacationing divers do.
Something I'd rather not do. Might as well buy my own Banca.

Does anybody know of a dive shop near manila where they have walk in divers at reasonable cost?
Reasonable cost to me is less than 1000 pesos per dive. (Gas, guide, trip to the dive site.)

Don't mind diving with strangers (as long as it's recreational open water.)

I am also looking for reasonable cost for diving Anilao. Recently requested for rates from several dcs and received one reply so far:

4 Nights Accommodation = Php 10,650.00
Includes:
- A/C Accommodation (Single Occupancy)
- 12 Meals
- Use of 8 tanks with air, weights & weight belt

ADDITIONAL CHARGES:
Php 200.00/day of diving/diver- Government Conservation Fee
Php 8,000.00 (optional) - round trip transportation Service (Manila Airports only); maximum of 6pax/van
Php 1,300.00/person/day (optional) – complete gear rental (pls. inform us the sizes)
Php 2,000.00 – estimated boat fee based on 2 straight boat dives
Php 630/dive – DM fee

**PRICE QUOTED IS BASED ON SINGLE OCCUPANCY. WE ACCEPT VISA, MASTERCARD, AMEX & JCB CREDIT CARDS EXCEPT FOR THE ADDITIONAL CHARGES WHICH SHOULD BE PAID IN CASH. PLEASE PRESENT YOUR CERTIFICATION CARD BEFORE DIVING; WE HAVE A “NO C-CARD, NO DIVE POLICY." WE REQUIRE A 30% NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT UPON CONFIRMATION OF GUEST. RATES ARE EXCLUSIVE OF 1% LOCAL TAX; THIS WILL BE INCLUDED IN YOUR STATEMENT UPON CHECK OUT.

Assuming a 4-day (8 dives) dive trip with full board accommodation including mandatory additional costs above (except transportation & gear rental), it will cost one person 24490 php.

Last edited:
jkm248, I think you will have more luck in Puerto Galera finding what you're looking for. Most places will give you discounted rates as long as you're diving regularly or tell them you'll stay a number of nights and do 6 dives or more. Try Best Puerto Galera Resorts, Hotels, Diving | Badladz Resorts

Agree with going to Puerto Galera instead. They don't stack the charges up. I go to Octopus Diver, a small shop on Sabang Beach and it's 1200 for an individual dive, or 2600 pesos for 3 dives. That includes all equipment you need and a boat ride to the dive site. If no one else is diving that day, the price is the same and you get the boat to yourself.

However , I think jkm248 is looking for a place he can just drive to in the morning ,do some dives and then drive back home again in the evening. I don't think you're going to find a perfect solution to what you're looking for.

Thank you for the suggestions.
I will look into Puerto Galera.

Perhaps do 2 nights every 2 weeks or something.

What is the best way to get there? (Over water)

I would like to avoid fairies that sink and kill hundreds of passengers at a time.
(Mmmm, perhaps invest in my own lifevest...)

The recent one in Cebu was especially horrific.
I think they're still clearing the debris and few people are still missing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom