Best Place to Scuba in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

msu005

New
Reaction score
Hello all,

I just had a quick question on some good international dive sites in Aug. I was originally thinking AUS, although have read recently that august is the one of the worst monthes to dive. I have already been diving in Belize, St. Maarten, and Honduras. There will be 3 people in our trip and are all scuba certified, all with between 15-30 dives under our belts. Any info would be appreciated!!!

Thanks
Andrew

We are going to Barbados for shore and boat diving from 13 to 23 Sept....

Are your dates flexible?

Unfortunatly our dates are not flexable, 2 of us are in law school and the 3rd is starting his med school residency in Sept. So between the 2nd week of Aug and first week of sept. is what we have to work with. From what I have read we were thinking of either going back to Belize or going to Kona, HI. Anyone have any input on either destination around Aug?

Thanks!

If you go to Kona get accomodations with A/C.

We were there last July with no A/C and it was over 90 everyday.

Its common there for accomodations to not have A/C (we did not know this) and paid the price at night.

The diving was good but both me and my kids liked Bonaire better.

I've been to Kona in August and the weather is wonderful then -- very little rain and warm water. We just got back from our fourth trip there a couple of days ago, so clearly I'd recommend it. Assuming you live in the U.S., Hawaii can be a very affordable trip, especially if you rent a condo. (Check out www.vrbo.com -- and make sure the place has AC -- in my expereince most condos do but not the rental houses so much).

If you were considering Australia, have you thought about Bali instead? I was there the first half of Ausgust in 2003 and loved it. Again, hot, but beautiful weather. Water was slightly cooler than in Kona in August. We spent one week on land and one week on a Komodo liveaboard.

Both Hawaii and Bali offer lots to do above and below the surface, and both are beautiful islands!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom