Best semi dry for uk waters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Join a club, they will teach you how to use a drysuit and you will have people to dive with. You'd be able to dive to the limits of your qualifications.

I'm in a club ken big quarry dive in two weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get the point,, I'm going with u dave and going for the sea skin neoprene dry suit,,O three do made to measure also but it's much more expensive, what's the differnce??

I've purchased a beaver semi dry just for my course in two weeks. The suit is 7mm 2peice brand new at £150. I bet I freeze my bollocks off, drysuit ticket next on my agenda

---------- Post added October 12th, 2014 at 07:51 PM ----------

Is the pee valve worth it??

I'm not really that familiar with O Three, but they do have a good reputation. Seaskin give you a lot of suit for your money. They are made at their premises in Leeds and I hear their after sales service is excellent.

There is no need for the drysuit ticket in my opinion. My club teaches every student in a drysuit.

I don't have a pee valve and I've never found it to be a problem. They can be added afterwards if you wish. A lot of technical divers have them as they often have long run times.

Where will you be diving on your course?

We do all our open water training at carpenwray and we do porthkerris (Cornwall)4 x a year,

I have an othree and it is lovely. The best money I have spent on kit. I know lots of people who have them and they all love them.

Catch them at the dive show and get measured.

On the semi vs dry subject - if you dive in the sea 100% of the time you may be ok but if you go to NDAC in January you will find it 6 to 8C and not so nice. It all depends.

Considers if a twinset might be in your future. When trying a suit you may wish to try reaching down behind your back as though doing a shutdown.

We do all our open water training at carpenwray and we do porthkerris (Cornwall)4 x a year,

I trained at Crap and Pay too. I dived Porthkerris for the first time a couple of months ago - it is a fantastic place to dive. Bit of a trek to the pub unfortunately though, unless you stay in the Three Tuns that is!

Or Crap 'n' rainy! To be fair though, it is an excellent facility and probably one of the better UK inland sites.

Stoney is closer to me but apparently the vis is a lot better at crap n pay,, I'm looking forward to it :)

Stoney is closer to me but apparently the vis is a lot better at crap n pay,, I'm looking forward to it :)

You couldn't pay me enough to go to Stoney. Although I only live 10 minutes from Vobster, which is one of the better quarries in the country. If you'll be diving in the quarries (which let's face it, the way the weather has been lately, sea diving hasn't really been happening), drysuit is a must.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom