Best Suunto prices?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Parrothead Fish:
talked to divetank today and they said that they will refund the duty fees to the customer via credit card.

So it's not a "US model" then and does not come with the "US Warranty" then... It's shipped from Canada.

Not that there is anything wrong with that. I'm sure it works the same. Lots of folks on here have bought from them and have been happy with them.

I see no reason not to buy Suunto from a "better priced dealer" since Aqualung is "ham-stringing" its US Dealers.

So, if I'm understanding this correctly, if you buy off the internet and it breaks you won't be able to get it fixed anywhere anytime? Or will Suunto or who ever fix it and just charge me the $$ for the parts and labor?

FYI I own an older model Kirby Morgan regulator that was a hand me down from my pops. The nearest authorized sevice center is in Lousiana and charges my a nice size chunk of change to annual it. They've never asked where I bought it.

A lot of the ones sold off the internet are non-US models. You might have trouble getting it warranty serviced in the US. I've been told that Aqualung/Suunto "won't" service non-US models here. (but I've never tried it myself).

Basically this is an example of a company that it trying to "prove they are in-charge" and screwing their customers in spite of it. AL/Sunnto is tyring to force their dealers to sell " a certain way". check the other thread/URL above that was posted about it.

My apologies to the original thread poster. Somehow, this thread had gotten hi-jacked way off course of their original question.

The main advantage of buying from the dealer is the loaner or swap out factor when your computer dies. It's a drag having your computer in the repair depot when you leave for a dive trip.

I'm less enamored with my Corbta and will probably trade it in (another benefit) for a Vytec. I traded in the condescending pig years ago.

I see no reason not to buy Suunto from a "better priced dealer" since Aqualung is "ham-stringing" its US Dealers.

my sentiments exactly. Aqualung in these parts is like the mafia. I have a "Trans-shipped" Stinger that was 330. Suunto already replaced the battery... If something happens, I will just buy another for half price. Warranties are the most overrated thing, IMO.

scubapolly:
Hmmm....
If you have a problem like this http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=137881 I guess you could just take the computer back to the shop you bought it from.

Hmmm... Do you make money off of SCUBA gear sold on ebay?
Actually, Divetank has a free loaner program and also services what they sell and give you a few extra years on the factory warranty, all at prices much less than my LDS advertises. So, that's where I bought my Vytec DS. Oink Oink! But if someone wants to pay hundreds more to buy from a local person they know personally and can call on the phone, I suppose that's fine. Better yet, ask them to match Divetank's prices and warranty and drop the sales tax. It's worth a shot.

Cloudboy, Divetank is an authorized dealer. My LDS will give me a good price too.

catherine96821:
oh....thanks. just checking.

all men are condescending, everybody knows that.

Thanks. I'll try to change my ways...

Back
Top Bottom