Best tank manufacturer/maker?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alexrey

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey guys, I've been wanting to buy a tank but I dunno what make I should get. I think I'm gonna go for an ali tank since I hear they're the best type. Can you please recommend some manufacturers? Thanks.

I am not sure what is available in South Africa but the majopr aluminum tank players here are Catalina and Luxfer. Both make fine tanks.

That said I am not a fan of aluminum tanks and feel steel tanks are a far better choice for most divers. In that case, I like tanks by both Faber and Worthington.

Catalina.

Take a close look at steel. IMHO, the only thing better about an aluminum tank is the price. Steel have better buoyancy characteristics, hold more gas in less volume, and last longer. For ocean dives I use Worthington 100s, and they are smaller and lighter than an AL80, but hold 25% more gas, and take 6 pounds off the weight belt if you wear one.

Back
Top Bottom