Best way to mark your BLACK equipment...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's a new product out called "ID-MY GEAR". Comes in a small squeeze bottle. Sold at LDS. Costs about $5.00. Comes in a zillion colors

I have bright orange. I put a large dot (3/8" dia.) on all my gear. Easy to spot. So far seems to wear well in water.

Look at ID-MY-GEAR.com.

:14:

I asked a similar question (black wetsuits etc.) and was told to use a silver sharpie.

Went to Office Depot (or was it Office Max?) and got a two-pack of silver sharpies. Works great (on everything). In fact, my spousal unit took one of them and uses it to mark everyday household items now!

divengolf:
There's a new product out called "ID-MY GEAR". Comes in a small squeeze bottle. Sold at LDS. Costs about $5.00. Comes in a zillion colors

I have bright orange. I put a large dot (3/8" dia.) on all my gear. Easy to spot. So far seems to wear well in water.

Look at ID-MY-GEAR.com.

:14:

I recently bought some of this stuff, and have been very impressed. The bottle looks a lot like some of the "puffy paint" you can buy at the craft store, from what I have heard from others that have gone that route, this stuff is much more durable.

I got the yellow, and actually put my name on most of my stuff.

I use the white paint pen or silver sharpie. I don't think liquid paper would be very durable.

DiveMaven:
I use a silver Sharpie. Works great on everything, even non-black items. :wink:

Same as what I do...

I could be mistaken, but isn't a silver sharpie pretty much a paint pen with silver paint? Or is it something more unusual? Never owned one, and been some time since I wrote anything with one...

The best suggestion I have heard is a "dog tag" with your email address on it. that way if you move...you still have the same email address.

I use a silver sharpie for most things. But on the jetfins, I find the white paint pen superior. It REALLY stands out.

Only drawback, is when you get out of trim, or kick some silt up, EVERYONE knows who to blame! :)

I like silver or yellow paint markers for this. Silver is less obtrusive if you're going for the ninja look, while yellow is a little more easily visible if you're trying to pick your black spy gear from a big pile of everyone else's black spy gear.

Back
Top Bottom