Best way to mark your BLACK equipment...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like small pieces of reflective tape on the bottom of my fins.

All that ID my gear stuff they sell at the LDS is just puffy paint but for $8.95 a bottle :sprint: You can get the same thing at Walmart for .85. Somebody is makin money off that. I used it on my BCD and my neoprene. It works great! I know paint pens and sharpies tend to wear off pretty quick. This stuff has stayed on well for the last 15 or so dives, we'll see how it does.

I scent mark everything and can identify my booties with my eyes closed.

I also use yellow epoxy to mark my rubber stuff. Subtle, huh?
Jets.jpg

dherbman:
I scent mark everything and can identify my booties with my eyes closed.

I also use yellow epoxy to mark my rubber stuff. Subtle, huh?
Jets.jpg

so you have to tell us more about this process? what type of epoxy is this? how thick is it? does it affect the way it functions at all? sure would make it easy for people to find you.

It's brush on epoxy commonly used to coat tool handles. You can dip into it or brush it on. It's like rubber when it dries and lays down pretty thin when you lay it on, so very flexible. Can be purchased at hardware stores for about $7. I use these fins in the pool 2-5 times a week and when I dive wet, so the edges have worn off, but the epoxy is very durable and I won't have to re-coat any time soon.

The training director I work for had issues with my black fins because students would have difficulty tracking them in the bad vis we dive.

Kind of makes you look like a bumblebee.

I use the smell factor to find my black gear when it is in with alot of other black gear. I use my stuff alot more than my buddys and it is almost never dry. and has developed a smell of wet gear and pine tree air freshener from my van

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom