Best wrist watch dive computer for the $? Suunto D9? Aeris Epic?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks again shady. I am pretty sure I am going to just suck it up and buy the OC1. little more then I had wanted to spend BUT I figure ill get a few years out of her im sure.

If you like the Atom and are not in a hurry, I suspect the Atom 3.0 will be out before long and will have deep stops, dual algorithm and probably an ascent rate bar graph.

May not be able to get much of a deal on one for awhile and it may be a few moths or more before they are available, I don't know

thanks JD. I like the ATOM...mostly because the cost is right. Pretty sure im gonna suck it up and say screw it and get that OC1 and call it a day.

Sounds like the decision is made, but for the record when I needed to buy a cheap nitrox computer for my Dad in anticipation of a week on a liveaboard I got him a Aeris Manta.

I love my D9, but for a quarter of the price, the Manta will see him through just fine.

Thanks Rhone. I was really pretty set on the D9 till I realized it would only do a single tank wirelessly.
So I assume you like to dive the Rhone huh? How is it? I was just out in St John and St Thomas but didnt get a chance to dive out there...only snorkel.

Thanks Rhone. I was really pretty set on the D9 till I realized it would only do a single tank wirelessly.
So I assume you like to dive the Rhone huh? How is it? I was just out in St John and St Thomas but didnt get a chance to dive out there...only snorkel.

I am actually not such a big fan, but after about 400 dives on it, maybe I am just tired of her... but it seemed like a good moniker for a BVI diver. My wife said I should have gone with "The Rhone Ranger". Yeah, that would have been better.

the rhone ranger LOL now thats classic!!!! You need to get the mods to change your display name!! I love the VI's. I gotta plan a trip back out there soon so we can dive the rhone!

Or the Elmer Fudd version, the Rhone Wanger. :wink:

.....OC1 has deep stop & ATOM doesnt....I doubt I would ever use this feature.....
Why not ?

...OC1 looks MUCH nicer then the ATOM....
I agree; the OC1 is a very nice and robust watch. I have even used it as a hammer :wink:

.....OC1 has dual algorithm.....
This is indeed a very cool feature that allows you to customize how conservative - or not - you want to dive.

.....Any other features anyone else has noticed the OC1 has that the ATOM lacks?.....
We have done several videos for the OC1 (see them on the Oceanic website) and we plan to release a specialty class by the end of June.
A class for the Atom 2 is planned for July .... and the class for the Atom 3 is planned for ..... when it will become available :wink:

Alberto (aka eDiver)

thanks ediver I have seen the vids and appreciate the info. Why I dont THINK I would use those features...well frankly, im not that experienced. Deepest dive I have done is 56 feet...so far. Pretty sure the OC1 is the way im gonna sway...I just need to justify in my head the added cost over the ATOM 2.0

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom