Better OC Trimix Computer . . .

Which of these two ranks better in the catagory?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My shearwater reads my Po2, and the display is great, but its is hardwired to my head so it goes back to ISC if anything happens. Liquivision just stopped making their Po2 monitor... whatever that means

:rofl3:

I am SO glad I read that rebreather book!!!! :D

Jax, for a technical trimix computer you can not beat the Shearwater. I have 2 of them. They are easy to read & easy to set. Other than having to replace batteries (a bit expensive) about every 9 mos (I put a lot of dives on them), I've never had any kind of issues. They are kind of big on smaller female arms, but the size is part of what makes them easy to read. I have to wear mine 1/2 way up my arm, but it works. The dive log with the profile on it is very interesting & a good idea of your dive.

+1 for the Shearwater. I've got two and I'd happily buy two more. The big screen allows for a lot of information in one place (no scrolling to find what you need). Gas switches are easy. Probably best of all is the support you'll get from the folks at Shearwater. I had an issue with my Predator (one of the buttons stopped working on a dive). I sent an email from my phone when I left the dive site asking how to proceed. By the time I drove 3 miles home and rinsed my gear I had an email from an actual person telling me what to do. Fixed and returned to me <1 week free of charge.

Reactions: Jax
Why only those 2? You should also add VR3/x.

Also, a point against the VRx is the non-LED - you have to light it to see it in a dark environment, so it dropped off my "most wanted" list.

I see that LiquiVision came on and voted their computer more reliable, useable and capable than a Shearwater. I'd like the reasoning behind that. I'm willing to go along, and I'd think that the manufacturer is their own best salesperson. Tell us what makes the Liquivision more reliable, useable, and capable, please.

Reactions: Jax
Wookie, that's funny. I too have seen two people leave Liquidvisions on my boat. They came for them days later. And the VR3 should not and was not in this poll. It simply is not in the same league.

Shearwater, all the way.

So, I need a spot for "Most likely to be left behind"? :giggle:

After my gear is rinsed, something else will surely supersede the desire to view a dive log. :)

I realize that you're making a funny, but logging is important to me. I want to know what my performance is, at what times during the dive.

Jax, one of the things you'd like about the X1 is how small it is. Put it in one of Tobin's boots, and it fits nearly, even on a very small wrist.

Edited to add: You can get your profile off Ross's logging program, and see your deco obligation, and things like that. You can't search on "cave dives", for example, or add photos to a logged dive. It's just profile and any data that are downloaded from the device, plus a narrative screen. I like to have data fields that are searchable.

Ross's logging software shows most anything I'v thought I might want to know.

Open a page & see; start/end & run times, surface interval, battery levels at the start & end of each dive, max depth, surface pressure & CNS percentage at the bottom of the page. Gas mix & where they change, if any are made, along the top.

Click on any point of the profile for info on that instant; time, depth, ambient pressure,ascent/decent rate, water temp, mix, NDL time or stop depth info.

With a little tank & pressure info it will figure SAC as well.

Having said all that, I'v only ever been interested in what my ascent rates were & how well I was maintaing my stop levels.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom