Between dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've only done White Slave once, but since it was mentioned, I'll relate my experience. Me & a buddy went it at the white slave huts themselves; I don't know where most people enter, that's just what we did. We headed south and found the reef drop off was a good deal deeper than is typical for most of the west coast sites we've dove. Interestingly, on the way back, we overshot and found that north of our entry, we could enjoy reef much shallower, and it was a nice dive.

But I've only done that site once.

My favorite marked southern site for lush reef was probably Sweet Dreams, but if memory serves Red Beryl is also nice.

Richard.

Where you're staying is about dead center between the farthest north sites (except Slagbaai Park) and the farthest south sites near Lighthouse. Just checked on Google Earth. Karpata - which is about the farthest north site - past the one way point - is 7.98 miles from Blachi Koko. Red Slave - the farthest site south on the point - is 8.50 miles. All of them are along the same road except the East Side dives.

If you do go past the one way and then onto Rincon - that's about a 20-30min. drive (depends on the goats) but you get to see some of the east coast at a distance. Also that road - the one east then south out of Rincon - terminates at Town Pier.

The East Side dives will be the ones where you should probably plan to stay out there the whole time between your 2 dives.

Should you catch a cruise ship in town - they're going to be 1/4 mile north of you at Town Pier. Everybody will be crossing the street.
But it's a really small downtown so hardly a problem.

Last edited:
I guess the dive-sherpa-fairy must hang around where we stay. Many days those rinse bottles full of water just magically appear in the back of our truck.:biggrin:

I gave the dive-sherpa-fairy the day off on Christmas and surprised him by carrying my own gear from the rinse tank to the gear room when he wasn't looking. You've gotta be fast and sneaky to stow your own gear around here! :fairy: :fairy:

Last 2 trips I brought my Irikonji dive shorts. Wore those all day & for the night diving. They're loose and have a mesh liner, they're comfortable enough to wear between dives and I love all the pockets. When done diving for the day, I rinsed them off in the shower and they were dry by morning.

I never want to do Bonaire without them again!

As far as the actual diving, typical day was breakfast then 2 dives. Back to the resort to switch tanks, batteries and water bottles. Lunch. Head out for 2 dives. Back to the resort. Switch stuff around. Dinner. Night dive if possible. Shower. Repeat the next day until the plane takes off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom