Beverly, MA - New Diver/Scubaboard Memeber

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MadisonK

Contributor
Reaction score
MadisonK is my daughter and the name of my boat (24' Silverhawk CC) My name is Ken and I am a newly certified diver. I got Open Water certified by PADI this winter here in Beverly with my open water dives completed in Islamorada in March while on vacation. I bought a DUI dry suit and became dry suit certified last month. With the exception of Islamorada my dives have all been around the North Shore area of MA.

I have gone scallop diving and lobster diving, both of which are addictive. I plan on getting my Advance Open Water later this summer. I can't wait to try wreck diving and learn underwater navigation skills.

The dry suit was a great investment but really expensive. I think it was worth it. My instructor hooked me up with very good gear and so far I am real comfortable underwater.

I have 3-4 dive buddies but I am still having trouble getting out more than once every two weeks. I'm looking forward to meeting more like minded individuals.

Regarding these internet forum sites - I think they are hands down the best thing about the www. I belong to two or three other forums that have proved invaluable to me with regards to my other hobbies (boats, flyfishing, home building). From what I have seen so far scubaboard looks like it will be equally invaluable to me.

Ken

Great to have you aboard, Ken.

I dive dry too, out in the Pacific Northwest. Went for the drysuit right after open water certification and I love it.

You're right about SB as an information source - just search on drysuit buoyancy and you'll find several useful threads on preferences and skills.

Welcome to the board!

Welcome to SB!
You're right, this is the best forum out there.
Hope you enjoy your new club.
Happy diving!

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile? Some ideas for your Profle might be taken from looking at mine. Click on my Username to the upper left, then click on my Profile, and see what I've done. For your's, click the [CP] in the upper left of the screen, then click [Edit Profile]. If you need any more help, PM me direct.

:D

Welcome to the sport and the board, Ken.

Next time you come down to South Florida, be sure to check out the Florida Conch Divers forum here. If you post your plans, you just might find yourself with some ready-made dive buddies.

Congrats on getting the dry suit. I've only tried one once, but they're great. ('course, down here, you don't need anything but a swimsuit, and then only if somebody's looking!)

Best wishes and safe ascents,
Grier

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom