Bifiocal lens mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thetom

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Any suggestions for a UK company which could supply me with a bifocal mask? I need a true bifocal, ie prescription (distance) lenses with bifocal (gauge-reader) elements. I’ve had no luck with a Google search. I don’t want clip-in lenses on a standard mask, or stick-on gauge-readers for a prescription mask. Thanks.

Cressi do bifocal masks, albeit not cheap, I’ve just started a thread expanding on this subject

Any suggestions for a UK company which could supply me with a bifocal mask? I need a true bifocal, ie prescription (distance) lenses with bifocal (gauge-reader) elements. I’ve had no luck with a Google search. I don’t want clip-in lenses on a standard mask, or stick-on gauge-readers for a prescription mask. Thanks.
While they are not in the UK, SeaVision did my progressive prescription in my mask.

From another thread: Prescription Dive Masks - Dive Sight

you should be able to find an optometrist who will do that in the UK. I did find one here in Montreal but bit far away for you ! I suggest you buy in person and not on-line.

Cheers.

Monovision may be an option. I started with a custom bifocal mask but the bifocal line ended un interfering with my view through the 45° viewfinder on my camera. I now have a -2.5 lens in the right and a -1.5 left. I much prefer it to the bifocal mask and it's also a lot less expensive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom