Biggest fright diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brand0n:
wondering whats the most scary thing that happend to you well diving?
I think well diving would scare the **** out of me, period. :wink:

The absoutely most horrible time is when I glance at my computer and suddenly realize that the dive must end.

Brand0n:
wondering whats the most scary thing that happend to you well diving?

today was my most scary thing, i was out diving with my new gear (solo diving) first time and i was underweighted so all i could do was stay about 1 foot below the surface when i felt something grab me by the legs, i started to kick and turned around it was a big labrador retreaver i guess trying to save me hah but it gave me one big fright didnt know what it as.

Scariest moment for me started when we were doing our confined water dives in the pool. I thought I was aqua man and knew no fear. Well we were doing our skills in about 8 feet of water so were weren't that deep and it was my turn to pull my mask off and hold it out and then replace and clear it. Was not even in the least concerned about it as we had practiced it already. I pulled the mask off and snorted water right up my nose, I started coughing and choking and went straight to the surface "only about 2 feet of water over my head" but still the instructor tried to hold me down. Anyway I finally finished the drill with a new respect for this whole water thing. But my scariest moment came in our 2nd OW dive. We were in a gravel pit in 57 degree water, with low visibility and about 26 feet deep, I was nervous already and the instructor had me on my knees on the training platform and gave me the signal to flood then remove and clear my mask. Not sure what got over me but time seemed to go in slow motion, and I was terrified and would have paid everything I had not to have to do it. She motioned again and I gave her the old 1 finger up meaning hold on and I tried to relax. I finally broke the seal and water started rushing in once it got to my eyes and I could not see I started feeling Claustrophobic so I quit and cleared the mask hoping that would suffice, not a chance got the re-do the skill signal and finally I completely flooded the mask while hyper ventilating and then removed and replaced. I was very proud of myself for overcoming my fear even though it was something that is so basic and simple that I shouldn't have had a problem with it. I think it was the incident in the pool that brought it out. Even though it was not much at that particular moment I was scared!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom