Black liner is tight in arms and legs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shhya1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have the the black colored liner in my XXL/XXXL Fusion Sport. I was wondering if the arms and legs(especially the lower parts) can be made larger. I imagine anything can be done but I'm wondering how expensive it would be. Love the suit except these issues>

Hey Shhya,

Restriction in the calf area was something that we were made aware of after our older model, black dry core Fusion had been on the market for awhile. We have since retrofitted the shell sock attached to the Fusion suit by widening up the ankle, and welding in velcro strips to allow for the attachment of the Fusion Boot. It's no problem to have the retrofit done to your suit. Simply take it into your local Whites dealer and let them know what you're looking to get done, and they will take care of sending your suit off to head office for alterations. It should cost you somewhere in the area of $170, including a leak test.
I hope this helps! Feel free to give me a shout with any other questions.

Cheers,
Ryan

$170? Seems a little steep for something that is a known problem. Considering what these things cost...OK, no more ranting.

Hey Shhya,

We are always thinking of new ideas to better suit the customer. Widening out the ankle on the older model Fusion was not to address a specific problem, but to adapt and grow the Fusion to better suit future Fusion owners. There are always new, upgraded products hitting the market, and imagine what the the world would be like if the manufacturer were responsible for keeping all of your products up to date? My 20" tube television would now be a 60" LCD! Although this would be very handy, it is, (unfortunately,) not the way of life. The price of getting the retrofit done to your suit is not unreasonable, especially when you consider that a leak test generally cost $50-60. You'll notice this if you line up and compare some repair costs. Again, this is MSRP pricing, and may differ depending on which dive shop you go through. If you'd like to call into Whites head office, I'd be happy to give you a few other costs to compare it to, and break down the costs for you. Just give me a shout, toll free, at 866.652.8556 ext. 237, and I'll be more than happy to help you out!

Cheers,
Ryan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom