Blackbeards Liveaboard Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did two trips with them last march and had a blast. Had students and other instructors and they were very accommodating. Food is great and there is a beer tap on the deck. What could be better?

Heading back again in march '12.

I have done research on this site and found many positive comments. Never been on one of their trips but planning. The only thing that is consistent is that it is basic, less expensive, fun and more like camping at sea,....what I'm looking for....never found any negative comments. Use the search function on this site and you will find what I have found and can make your own judgement.

Look at the Avalon, much more comfortable, goes to the same places, the owner Ray built the Blackbeard boats. Www.lostislandvoyages.com
Blackbeards are great for single, college kids, I personally like more elbow room.

Camping at sea depends on your definition of camping on land. Blackbeards is WAY more comfortable than how I camp. I was on the boat during spring break ... Our boat was nice and fun, the other boat was a bit out of control thanks largely to a group of 6-8 hard-partiers. It all depends on the group, but if you avoid typical spring break times it shouldn't be an issue.

One thing I will mention is that if you are a tall person ask for a bunk in the salon. I am just over two meters tall (6'8") and would have been VERY cramped in one of the regular berths.

Back
Top Bottom