BlackMagic Underwater Tests

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you not thought about the GH4?
I had bad experience with hacked GH2, the camera couldn't MWB in some not very challenging conditions and heavy banding can be seen. Also, I have yet to see any impressive underwater footage by GH3, the specifications of GH4 is certainly attractive, but I think I better wait for experience of early adopters first :wink:

but I think I better wait for experience of early adopters first :wink:

That will be me then! Haha!! :wink:

Yeah, hoping that getting a 10bit 422 signal out of the HDMI to my Ninja2 will help with banding (but this is a h254 issue, not just a GH4/3/2 one)

I was

I did notice that Panasonic has more blue banding than Sony. This may have to do with the way the H264 compresses.
However at all intra mode you are not doing H264 as there is no temporal compression?
Trickest I would be happy to provide you with some background technical support for your experiments if that helps?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom